"Transport Spheres"

The women all escort me to a place where there is a large sign on the wall.

"Demonstration Area".

Two of them help into a large semi-transparent sphere that affords us a bench to straddle in the middle.

A transparent dome above us opens and when zoom out of the enclosed space and up into skies more beautiful than I have ever seen.

Passing long gone animals flying in the air. It am sure they were called 'birds'. The sphere zooms past large ancient cities with tall towers and many moving objects on surfaces and on the water.

The sphere dives into turquoise waters and we pass small wriggling animals and some much larger ones that jump up a bit past the surface.

It is an incredible array of colors. Soon, the sphere lands us back in the enclosure.

The women all gather around and ask how I liked my first time in the "demo ride". There must be words (words to describe that experience), but I can only smile.

They lead me away from the demo area and take me to greyer place with a large sign.

"Maintenance and Training".

They had already created an account in training for me. One of them takes me up in a smaller sphere and she describes the controls. We are in the air over a much less cheerful world. The woman stops the sphere and the world stops. Clouds frozen. Completely still.

When I get my hands involved is controlling the motion of the sphere, the sky again moves.

There is a nearly continuous stream of instruction, but the basic control is simple. Hands and fingers direct how the sphere moves.

The instructions and test scenarios going on endlessly.

Eventually, they tell me that I should sleep. Learning new things requires resting if it is going to stick.

It is a bit odd how I can walk so quickly back to where we sleep. The space in this place is not right.

I have seen much today.

When they circle around me with thick cloths, I fall asleep with a cushion of warm hands all about me.