Wound Up

**Here's the rest of chapter 10 as I promised! Right after I upload this chapter 11 will be available on Inkitt ONLY - like I said Inkitt will be a chapter ahead of Wattpad. Link to the book on Inkitt is in my bio! Enjoy!**

Poppy's POV

He huffed and shot me an annoyed growl before stomping around. He kicked his boots off, ripped his t-shirt over his head, and undid his belt. He abruptly shoved his pants down which left him standing in my living room in only his briefs. I quietly squealed out of surprise before quickly turning around and placing the palms of my hands against my scorching cheeks.

I stayed turned around while I heard him ruffling with the bedding. When the noise quieted down, I peeked back over my shoulder and released a soft sigh of relief. Clearing my throat, I nodded his way, unable to resist staring into his eyes as he gazed at me intensely.

"Well, I'll be in my room if you need anything," I said before turning and walking away. I heaved a great sigh once I was in my room with the door closed and my back against it. I placed my hand over my heart and felt it pounding away in my chest.

My Lord, he's built like a Greek God I thought to myself while trying to calm down my thrumming body.

Finally getting myself in check, I glanced at the bare walls around me. Determined to get some sort of work done today, I began laying out the plastic tarps to protect the floor before getting out the various paint supplies I needed. I made quick work of wiping off the new walls (just in case there was any dust or debris) and baseboards before taping up all the walls to ensure I wouldn't get the pain anywhere it wasn't supposed to go. I finally popped open the lid to the light, cool toned gray paint and proceeded to pour a decent amount into the tray. Dipping my brand new roller into it, I began applying to color to my walls.

When I finished my first wall, I was highly satisfied with my color choice, but my head was beginning to hurt from the fumes. I put a mask over the lower half of my face to keep from breathing it in, but I also cracked the window just the slightest bit to hopefully air the room out.

In total, it took me about three hours from start to finish and I was extremely happy with the outcome. The color, although neutral, was already bringing more life into the room than there was prior. Looking down at myself, I was surprised that I was able to keep all the paint from getting on my clothes - though my skin was a whole other story.

I cleaned up my mess before creeping out into the living room, making sure not to wake Knox if he was still asleep. To my pleasure, he was passed out with his nose pressed against my pillow. I couldn't help the light giggle that bubbled from my chest at the sight. He was much too big for my bed; his legs hung about three feet off the bottom while one arm was positioned under his head under the pillow and the other hung off the top edge onto the floor just like his feet.

I cursed myself when I took a few steps forward and caused the floorboard to creak with my weight. I held my breath, hoping the noise wouldn't wake Knox up. I thought I was in the clear, but after taking another few steps - more carefully this time - his voice caught me off guard.

"Don't even try to sneak up on someone in the future, you're horrible at it," he husked out, his voice deep and raspy from sleep. I huffed out in frustration before plopping myself down on the bed next to his body. It was a queen size, but he occupied almost the entire thing leaving a small sliver of space for me.

"I got my room painted!" I exclaimed excitedly with a wide smile, choosing not to respond to what he'd said. The edge of his lips pulled up ever so slightly before he nodded in acknowledgment.