Getting Somewhere

**Hey guys! I hope you enjoy the new chapter. For those that read the book on inkitt, after I upload this I will be quickly editing the next chapter and posting it as soon as I'm done with the editing!**

Poppy's POV

I was more than shocked when Travis only walked us about fifteen minutes away from the pack house. Knox's uncle either doesn't care about his members' safety, or he's overly cocky about his security. The building didn't look like anything special. Had I been forced to pick it out of a line-up amongst other typical pack prisons, I would've failed. I was, however, thanking my lucky stars that we'd just so happened to meet a guy who was probably the only easily-manipulated pack prison worker. If this truly was where Knox's parents were being held, this was huge.

I committed the building to memory before closing my eyes and portraying the image to Knox through our bond. I wasn't sure if he would see what I was trying to share clearly because of the distance, but I was praying he could.

"So, what is it you do here? It doesn't look like much of anything!" I said dramatically, internally cringing from how awful of an actress I was. Travis just laughed before nodding in agreement.

"Isn't it genius? Alpha Carmichael insisted the place be out in the open that way no one would ever really think to look here for important...things. The outside had to be camouflaged, in a way, to blend in with the rest of the pack buildings," he rambled. "As you can tell, I'm not the strongest guy," he continued but was cut off by Grace's sarcastic snort. She quickly realized her mistake and covered it up with a faux intrigued look. Travis easily brushed over the minor hiccup and kept chugging along with his story. "I work in the technical department for the building. The entire place is bugged with tons of cameras and fingerprint ID software. There's a lot of people that report to me, but I just so happen to be the only guy that has complete control over the entire system," he boasted, trying to talk himself up to me.

I felt my heart flutter in my chest, but not from how smart and important Travis was making himself out to be. He had just unknowingly given me the best idea. Complete control over the entire system, aye?

I fakely gasped, "that's amazing, Travis!" I gushed. He bought into my act before resting his hands on his hips with a satisfied smile, pleased with his ability to woo me. Yeah right.

"So what kind of things are kept here?" I pressed on, needing further confirmation of the assumption I'd already made seconds ago. His ego deflated a bit as the unease from earlier made a quick comeback.

"Well, that's top secret information," he stated solidly. I could hear the caution in his voice, but I had to keep on him - this would probably be my only shot.

"Oh, C'mon," I playfully pouted, "you can tell me. It'll be our little secret," I whispered while leaning towards him, waving my hand behind my back in a gesture for Grace to move a little ways away so the moment between Travis and me felt more intimate for him. I knew she understood what I was doing when I saw her disappear from my periphery. Travis looked conflicted as his gaze ping-ponged back and forth between my best puppy dog eyes and the building.

"Alright, but this has to stay between us," he insisted as a giddy smile broke out on his face. I nodded enthusiastically, placing my hand on his forearm for further reassurance.

"We've got two...criminals locked up here. They wronged Alpha Carmichael years ago and he'd been looking for them ever since. Turns out, they'd been hiding around the woods near our border for some time now. We ambushed them and brought them in - they never saw the attack coming!" he rushed out through a whisper, excitement oozing from his tone. I felt sick to my stomach at the words ambush and attack. I had to bite the inside of my lip so hard it bled to keep from vomiting. I mentally slapped myself out of the funk before Travis noticed.