Cleaning House

**Hi guys! I'm so sorry for the missed update yesterday. I got off work around 10:30 and had a massive migraine by the time I got home so I couldn't look at computers or even my phone. Here's the update though! For those who also read on inkitt, I will be editing the next chapter and posting it as soon as I'm done editing. Love you guys!**

Poppy's POV

I felt antsy as we approached the pack I used to call home. Given that I had about three days to stir over every possible reaction wasn't helping my mental state any. I wasn't sure how they were all going to react when Knox and I showed up with my father in tow, but no Alpha Rhymes. And with Knox radiating as much power as he does. I have no doubt the pack will understand what's happened; they would have felt the loss of their previous Alpha through their shared pack bond that previously connected them all to Alpha Rhymes and his Luna, but now connected them to Knox and me. Still, though, that doesn't mean they knew their previous Alpha was now dead.

Unless Luna Rhymes told them and they're just waiting to attack...that was something I hadn't considered until now.

Alpha Rhymes was nothing short of a selfish bastard in the last ten years of his reign, but there was always the chance of revolt from the ill-minded wolves whose thoughts aligned with Rhymes' own. I was hoping that if just looking at Knox wasn't enough to deter anyone from challenging him, then seeing my father in his current condition would make them realize Knox's capabilities. There was still the possibility that Luna Adriana filled their heads with false garbage in hopes they'll fight for her.

As I expected, there was a crowd of people awaiting us as when we pulled onto the pack lands. I frantically searched the mass, looking for any sign of Luna Rhymes, however, I came up short. This wasn't good.

"Knox, his mate isn't out here..." I trailed off, my nerves skyrocketing. He nodded silently in acknowledgment of what I said. We were barely driving now, just cruising through the hoard of people as they parted for us. When we came close to the front door of the pack house, he finally pressed his foot against the break and pulled the car to a stop. My hands were sweating as my heart raced in my chest, panicking more than I thought I would. I still didn't feel safe here.

This is not my home. I don't think it really ever was.

"Flower, be still. You have me by your side and I will never let anyone get to you. Do you understand?" Knox rumbled confidently next to me. I swallowed thickly before nodding my head once. He pressed a quick kiss to my forehead then cheek before pulling back and unbuckling his seatbelt. "Do not get out until I let you out," he instructed. I knew he wanted to gauge the mood of the pack as they all stood around with impassive looks upon their faces. Stepping out of the car, a collective gasp echoed throughout the crowd before whispers started to arise.

"Allow me to introduce myself," Knox bellowed, effectively shutting everyone up. "I am Lycan Knox Carmichael and I am your new Alpha," he continued. You could feel the tension and fear that arose from the crowd as they realized who Knox really was. Obviously seeing the reaction he'd mustered, Knox continued. "I know what you're all thinking right now. Yes, I am related to who you're imagining, but I can assure you that I am nothing like my uncle. In fact, I need your help as my fellow pack members to eradicate him and the threat he poses to our society. If there's anyone who wishes ill upon either me or my mate, I'd advise you to be smart. I can promise you, you won't like the consequences of your actions," he finished before snapping his fingers. The few warriors Alpha Aaron sent with us exited the car they'd been following behind in. They pulled out my father with them, who was unconscious and clearly banged up. Cries of horror escaped the mouths of a few pack members.