Deception

**HI GUYS! Sorry this is a late upload, I've just been crazy busy with classes recently. But, also, SAY A PRAYER CAUSE YA GIRL TURNS 21 AT MIDNIGHT (January 14th for those of you in different time zones other than central lol). Hope you enjoy this chapter! For Inkitt readers, I'm currently editing chapter 20 and will have it out ASAP!**

Corbin's POV

I finally regained consciousness, my throat throbbing from the punishing hold Knox had on it minutes before. My mom helped me sit up while my dad just stared at me in contempt. I swallowed with a wince, pain ricocheting up and down my throat from the small action.

"What the fuck were you thinking?" My father sneered angrily. My hand came up to my throat, knowing I'd be unable to actually speak in the moment. I think he knew that too and just didn't want to give me the chance to defend myself.

"You're the biggest idiot I've ever met, Corbin. I know for a fact I didn't raise you this way," He spat.

"Aaron, that's enough," My mom hissed before eyeing him seriously. My father ground his teeth before turning to look away from me.

"Someone get him to the infirmary and make sure Knox didn't do any permanent damage," he ordered with a dismissive wave of his wrist. I kept my head down as the Beta and Gamma helped me walk out, my face burning with embarrassment as I watched the ground, knowing the rest of the pack was watching me with judgmental eyes.

My anger and humiliation continued rising higher and higher, the final straw being the pack doctor telling me that a fight between Knox and I would be comical and suicidal at the same time. Everyone in this pack has looked at me like I was a joke ever since Knox turned up. I used to be the Golden boy - the standard for all men in our pack because, I mean, just look at me. What's there not to love? Now I'm just the laughing stock.

I stormed out of the medical wing and beelined for my father's office, my body hot all over from my anger.

We'll see who has the last laugh. We'll see...

Throwing the door open, I slammed it behind me before locking it. I ripped the office phone off the hook before viciously flipping through my father's contact book that was sitting right next to it. Finding the number I was looking for, I punched it into the phone and listened to the dial tone as my hands shook and my legs bounced. My breathing quickened as my heart began to pound in my chest as a wave of adrenaline washed over my body.

"Alpha Rhymes speaking."

"Alpha Rhymes, this is Corbin, future Alpha of the Silver Fang pack. How are you this evening?" I asked, clearing my throat to rid it of the slight quiver.

"I'm extremely busy right now, what is it you need?" he gruffly spat out. I licked my lips nervously before laughing half-heartedly.

"Well, Sir, I've got just the news to cheer you up, but I think you might want to also get your Beta in the room for this," I answered confidently, a malicious smirk overtaking my face.

If I couldn't have her, then neither could he...

Poppy's POV

I tossed and turned the rest of the night, unable to stop thinking about what Knox had said and what his motive was. I felt slightly guilty for keeping him up too, being the cause of his lack of sleep, but then again I wasn't; he brought this on himself. Rolling over with a huff, I checked the clock one final time before determining that it wasn't worth it and decided to just get up. Eight a.m. or not, there wasn't any way I was getting to sleep.

I slid my legs off the bed and slumped into the bathroom, rubbing my hands over my tired eyes. I sighed heavily when I felt Knox's presence behind me, his chest pressed up against my back.