Chapter Twenty-Eight: Attack of the Devilish Bugs

Please comment and vote down below!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Snowy tipped mountains peaked from the high swirling clouds in the sky a blissful illusion for the creatures hidden within. Emoriah clung to Altair's soft fur as trees rushed by in blurry greens and browns.

They have held this pace for four hours. Four dreadful hours.

Emoriah had long forgotten about the pain in her swinging legs and the numbness that crept to her derriere. Bugs smacked against her face, as she lifted it from the protection of Altair's neck.

Fantastic.

Ahead of her sitting stiff and erect on his Dyrio sat Kaede, while his cape thrashed behind him in a violent manner. He did not flinch as she did when hard bugs slammed their hard-little bodies against her face.

No, he sat there staring out with a cold determined penetrating glare, as if demanding the bugs to move from his path.

Emoriah pressed her face back down to Altair's furry neck breathing in the animals harsh smelly sweat. But she would take that anytime over having bug after bug leave something behind on her skin.

Gradually Altair slowed to a walk before stopping with a growl. Emoriah lifted her face and glanced around the pine trees they seem to be surrounded by.

"Need a hand?"

Emoriah looked down and smiled at the offered hand from Thale. "Yes, thank you."

Thale grabbed at her waist and pulled her softly from the back of her Dyrio. Warm butterflies fluttered lightly in her stomach at the touch of his hands.

He was tall for a sixteen-year-old the tip of her curly locks barely reached the end of his chin. Thale grabbed her pale hand from her side and lifted it slowly to his full lips.

"My lady." he whispered, kissing the backside of it. Emoriah's felt her stomach flutter, as her cheeks heated up in embarrassment.

Emoriah nodded her head and broke from his proximity. She didn't trust boys with pretty faces. Reaching over Altair she grabbed the cord that kept her leather bag from flying away and strapped it to the waist of her trousers.

Why was he being so.....

Turning back around she ran into a hard-powerful chest. Glancing up Emoriah met the furious gaze of Kaede his eyes storming into a massive glare.

Emoriah shoved his chest back with the palms of her hands but he barely moved a muscle at her struggle.

What was he made of? Iron?

Growing irritated she glared back up at him. "What do you want?"

Kaede took a slow step back to assess her features slowly. "What was that." He whispered, his voice the tip of a breaking iceberg.

"What was what?" Emoriah asked, her brows scrunched in confusion.

Kaede grabbed at her shoulders firmly and pulled her closer towards him. "Stop lying."

What was his deal?

Shrugging his iron grip from her shoulders was no use so she slapped at his hands. "What are you egging about?"

Kaede grasped her chin between his rough fingers forcing her eyes to meet his. "Is there something between you and Thale." He spits out, his voice deathly calm.

Oh, so that why he's acting like his trousers were in a twist.

A smile tugged at her lips, as she stared at his cold unwavering glare.