Review #20: Uphold: Season 1

Reviewer: strawberrytrifles
Author: spainlord

Cover: You said in one of your author's note that this wasn't an official cover. So I'll not really judge your cover. Just so you know, the cover doesn't fit your story.

Title: So your title gave mixed feelings. The word 'uphold' doesn't really give you an idea of what to expect. It isn't appealing and doesn't really spark an interest in the reader.

Summary: Your summary was really confusing to be honest. At one moment I was like 'what is actually happening?', but your last paragraph unraveled my confusion a bit.

Plot: Let's talk about it in the chapter review.

Chapters review.

*So while I was reading your summary, I thought what sort of silly name is 'chip' 'fry' but in your Episode one I discovered they are actually nicknames.
Silly me😂

*Your book was really confusing. One minute you're here, another minute you are there. I didn't even know what to follow anymore.

*I also got confused about Jason's position in the book. Who was he to them?

*How old are your characters that they live alone without their parents supervision?

*Your book gave me the vibe of an anime not general fiction.

Reviewer's final note

Your plot was really unique, and I would have been really enthralled by the book if certain unanswered questions were answered.

Your sentence structure was really confusing. You talk about something, you never actually conclude on what you are talking about before you start talking about another thing. Your readers can't keep up with your dialogue.
Simply because there is so much going on at the same time.
I wish you success in your writing journey. Please check out the few things I pointed out.

Thanks for requesting
Love, Emma😘