35 ~ September

"Are you going to be okay?" Zara asks, her voice low as she gives my arm a reassuring squeeze.

"Well he doesn't go here anymore so that's something." I reply, looking up at the school.

"If she comes near you I'll batter her." Becky warns and I can't help the small smile that graces my lips at the comment.

"Thanks Bec, but that's okay." I reply as I reach out and hug her. Zara joins in, wrapping her arms around both of us and I bury my head into their hair, trying to steady my emotions, filled with absolute dread at the thought of facing the entire high school after their hero of a football captain did the dirty on the girl he was seeing. I'm not silly, I know that everyone knew as soon as I stormed out of that party. After all, everyone knows the gossip that surrounds the Devil.

"One more year." I breathe out, reassuring myself that I can do this. I just need to save the money and get out of here, away from this town and its gossip, off to a new town to make new, happier memories.

"One more year." Zara confirms, stepping back. Becky gives me a reassuring squeeze before letting go as I grimace. I wish I didn't have to come back here, ever. Brett was the most popular guy in school, and without him it leaves Ashley to rule the school. And me to be the laughing stock.

Zara squeezes my hand and I smile up at them both, thankful for their support. Turning back to face the entrance I take a deep breath before nodding, starting up the steps and walking into the school.

*~*~*

"It's like they think that we don't know what comes after high school." Becky moans, "Jesus, we've just started our last year and they're already telling us we need our plan for what comes next." She continues, groaning as she leans against the locker next to mine. "I don't know what college to go to."

"That's the point." I reply, "They're just prepping you early."

"Prepping me? They're scaring me." She retorts.

"You need to start looking at where you want to go." I lecture her, smiling slightly, "And how you can get in."

"Surely I just need to pass my exams?" She furrows her eyebrows, scowling as she leans against the locker.

"Depends what college you go for." I reply and she shrugs.

"I'll choose an easy one." She says hastily and I chuckle slightly as I grab hold of my history book for next period. "What the hell are you doing?" Becky's hostile voice grabs my attention and I turn around to see what Becky is snapping at.

Georgia.

Looking like a lost puppy.

"Hi." She tries, her voice quiet as she grabs onto her sleeves, biting her lip as she stares up at me. I've never seen Georgia look so casual, her usual pristine straightened blonde hair is gone, the messy mop shoved up into a top knot. Her eyes are tear stained on her make-up free face and I almost don't recognise her from the laid back tracksuit she's wearing.

"Stay away from me." I respond quickly, turning back to my locker.

"Sav..."

"Get away from her you fucking idiot." Becky snaps, stepping between me and her.

"Oh shut up you whore." Georgia snaps and I clench my teeth, desperate to hold myself together.

"You're one to talk." Becky snorts.

"Oh come off it, Savannah she's no better than me but you're still friends with her." Georgia exclaims and I can't control myself any longer.

"Do you hear yourself? Are you that stupid?" I snap, slamming my locker shut. "You know what he meant to me. And you did that." I rage, stepping towards her. I am conscious of the audience that's gathering around us but can't bring myself to care. "Becky can fuck as many guys as she wants, she's never stabbed me in the back." I finish, pushing passed her to walk off.