Chapter 5

Dawn

Micaah's voice lulls me. It's all I can say. His voice-low and raspy wraps around my heart, warming me more than the fire, more than the cup of tea we had that I don't know when he or I fell asleep.

I don't know what woke me-oh yes, Micaah's soft snoring. It's a sound I've never been exposed to. I like it-though odd. It's too gentle coming from such a wolf.

My head is pressed against his shoulder and his head rests against mine. It's such an innocent yet intimate position that it hits me like a heat wave making me flush from head to toes-I've never been with another male like this. I've never been with another male, period.

It goes like this for many days- Micaah coming to my cottage for our daily chapter and a cup of tea which often ends in us just talking about random things till we fall asleep most nights.

As awareness of how light I feel begin to filter in my mind I realize that I don't feel that ache so strongly anymore. I can actually breathe without that stabbing pain in my chest.

I look at Micaah from the corner of my eye. Slowly, I'm slowly getting back to happy thanks to this wolf.

I can sense Harlem every now and again sniffing around my home. Sometimes he pisses on my eucalyptus plant so I pulled it out. He has no right to mark anything of mine as his property. Micaah scents him too, I can tell every time he does but he says nothing.

Micaah and I... I don't know what we are but my mind and body keeps running with all sorts of lewd ideas and images and I have accepted the fact that I want this male sexually.

It is almost dawn. I can smell it on the salty air. I relax, pressing my head back onto Micaah's shoulder and just breathe. I can't tell the last time I felt so serene. My mind not flashing back to that day eight years ago for the first time in forever.

Closing my eyes I feel that pull again, it's gentle but it is there. My heart shakes in my chest, excitement filling me slowly at the thought of following the pull.

Gently I extricate myself from Micaah. I glance at him one last time before quietly going outside. The air fresh and the taste of its salt at the back of my throat almost has me moaning in delight while I take the first few steps by instincts alone.

It starts slowly, and then I'm running towards Her, giggling in glee. Each step closer loosening something in my chest, inside me till it falls away completely and I feel free. I feel like me. Just me. Not rejected me or abomination me. Just me. Me. Melodies, so many melodies that I can barely choose one fill me, losing my clothes as I fall to my knees in the shallow water one song sticks out like a sore thumb and make my breath hitch.

"That was beautiful." I gasp loudly, sputtering and choking on my own spit. Micaah is grinning while I glare at him trying to clear my throat.

"Thank you." I blush bright pink I'm sure as my eyes roam Micaah's body. Epitome of physical prime-that's what he is. It is the first time I am seeing him in this state of undress.

"What song is it?"

"Huh?" I unintelligently mumble, my eyes glued to his muscles rippling under his skin as he wades into the water, a light trail of hair disappearing into the band of his briefs, down his thighs and back up till our eyes meet and my ears burn.

His eyes show his appreciation of me admiring his physique, his chest is puffed a bit more and his lips quirk knowingly.

"Guess you like what you see?" he raises a playful brow at me and I sputter again like a fool. Embarrassment getting the better of me, I dive cursing at my siren for planting disturbing images of Micaah's body all over mine in my mind. His manhood-oh goddess I don't even want to remember the flashes and the lewd moaning my inner beast thinks I and Micaah would make if we should end up in such a position.