Chapter XXXV

"How can we help?" A little boy with the expression of a leader whispered quietly.

The hunters weren't really paying attention to them anymore, too focused on the upcoming massacre of their immortal enemies.

"What are your powers?" Faith whispered back urgently.

One little girl – Princess Annabeth, had the voice of a siren, able to put people to sleep as she sang. They would only be out for a couple of minutes though. Prince Nebuchadnezzar had Pyrokinesis, able to set himself and consequentially others aflame. The three other children had super strength, Electrokinesis and freeze vision. With the help of the children, Faith hoped they would be able to halt the hunters plan just long enough for everyone to start waking up.

"Ok, here's what we have to do. Those with powers, I need you to distract the humans and pull them away from the vampires, ok? Do not purposefully kill them though... we cannot lower ourselves to their level. Hope and Nancy take the rest of the children and hide, see if you can help in anyway, but your main focus is the children, ok?" Faith instructed.

"Got it Miss Faith." Prince Nebuchadnezzar uttered, before his eyes glowed red and flames burst out on his body.

Faith warned him not to get to close to the vampires; otherwise, he could unintentionally be the spark of their end. His bonds instantly melted as he sprang into step, launching himself up and towards the humans at the edge of the room, causing many to scream and run the opposite way. Prince Jacobi ripped his bonds apart and charged like a bull towards the nearest group of humans, sending them crashing to the ground, before helping the rest of the children with their bonds. Princess Annabeth started singing melodically, every person she made eye contact with falling asleep instantaneously. It would only last for five minutes, but Faith prayed that would be enough. Whilst this was happening she helped Hope lead the other children away, tucking them under a table whilst Hope cuddled them. Out of sight, out of mind. The humans looked horrified, contemplating whether to shoot at them as they realised they were being defeated by a group of powerful children. The Emperor was currently frozen in place, purple with anger as the effects of Princess Pepper's powers bound him.

Although they were definitely making progress, there were still a lot of humans awake and mobile, who had taken to slashing at the vampires and trying to disarm the children in an effort to fulfil their plan. Some of the vampires had started to wake up though, and Faith hoped it was all nearly over. She was worried that some of the children would be injured in the battle, but so far, they seemed to be holding their own. Again feeling entirely useless, Faith looked for a way she could help in the chaos. Unfortunately, the situation was getting worse as Faith realised that a few humans were trying to make their way up to the royal family, no doubt to try and slaughter them. Prince Jacobi kept knocking them down like dominos with his super strength, but Faith knew he couldn't keep it up forever. Noticing a guard knocked out dead with a sword sprawled on the floor, not too far away from her, Faith knew what she had to do.

"Faith what are you doing?" Nancy hissed as she tried to revive her brother, noticing Faith starting to crawl out from under the table.

"I have to help." She murmured, before diving head first into the chaos.

The screams, yells and groans became all the more real as she witnessed the people making the noises, feeling sick at the extent of some of their injuries – vampire and human. Sprinting towards the pile of bodies, she hurriedly pulled the sword from the sheath, nearly dropping it, as she was surprised at how heavy it was. She felt sick as she noticed the white marble floor now stained with blood. With determination in her eyes she sprinted as fast as she could towards the royal family, Jacobi obviously having gave up and moved onto his next target, as they were now completely unprotected. Just as she reached the stairs, the noticed a grotesque man about to put a sword in sweet Annabeth's back, so without thinking she lashed the sword out and buried it into his neck.