Chapter Two-The Graveyard

I was happy to finally have someone to talk to about my problems with my Gift. I sat in Dylan's living room, gnawing on a piece of chicken, waiting for Dylan to return from the shower. I had come a bit early so he didn't know I was out here, but his sister Danielle let me in. She was keeping me company for awhile, but then she had to answer her phone. She had been talking to what sounded like her best friend for about fifteen minutes now, as I held the piece of chicken she gave me, taking small bites of it or gnawing the juice from it, while watching Grey's Anatomy. I had heard about the show, but I never really watched it. It was actually quite interesting.

Dylan came out absentmindedly, kind of like he was in deep thought over something. He looked troubled. But when he saw me, he pushed the thought away obviously, and lit up happily. I grinned and stood up, turning the T.V off.

"Dani let me in," I explained to him, because he looked a bit confused.

"Oh. Okay." He shrugged. "Want that? Danielle tends to give food to guests for no reason. It's kind of like she thinks it will comfort you or something."

I laughed and gave the chicken to him. "I chewed on it--"

Too late. He was already eating it, and then he held up a finger and sad between bites, "I'm going to go get dressed." And he left, since he was only in a towel, showing off his amazing stomach. But I didn't complain. Instead I went to the kitchen to wash my hands. I felt at home here, too. I had been here a few times since our date, and I knew where things were already, Dylan's family liked me, and I was no longer embarrassed or scared to come over.

 I stretched my hands over my head cat-like, and then walked back out of the kitchen to go back to sitting on the couch but Dylan was already out and waiting for me. His damp hair was growing longer, stopping at his eyebrows now. Thank God I could still see his stunning eyes! 

"You need a haircut," I giggled and ruffled his shaggy hair playfully. He grinned and shook his head around.

"You don't like it?" He asked, trying to tame his hair so that it looked halfways decent. I laughed and shook my head.

"I want to be able to see your eyes. Deal?" I said, and he grinned and nodded.

"Deal." He said. Then he wrapped me in a bear hug tightly, not giving me any clues that he was going to. I hugged him back just as tightly, and then he asked, "So, where we going today?"

"I don't know. I was thinking you could come with me to go visit my family in the graveyard...if that's alright with you? If that's creepy it's fine, Jeremy wanted to tag along, anyway. It's just I want you there, too." I told him. I knew how weird it sounded but it was the truth. He was now the person that kept me calm. I liked when he was around me, because it took some stress off of me. But then I had Jeremy, Kim, and Timothy. They also made me feel loved and wanted, and I felt like one day I would be able to tell them what I told Dylan. 

"No, it's not creepy. I'll definitely come. We can have a picnic there," he suggested, and then he crinkled his nose. "Would that be weird? Visting a graveyard and having a picnic there? Because I think it would be a good idea--"

My loud laugh cut him off, and I covered my mouth with my hands, trying to stop. The giggles kept bubbling out.

"So is that a no?" He said, smiling. I grinned.

"That actually sounds great. Sandwiches?" I suggested. He smiled and nodded. We made a sandwich for me, him, and Jeremy, and then I looked at Dylan, frowning.

"Do you think Dani might wanna come to hang out?" I asked him curiously. He shrugged, looking clueless.

"It's hot and cold with her. You could ask, though," he told me. I nodded and ran off, going to Danielle's room. I knocked, and I heard her say, "Come in," and I walked inside, with a warm smile on my face.