Chapter Twenty-Four-Decisions

"Cole." Eli sneered. The sweet side of him I knew best was completely gone. Everything about him read hatred and anger. I looked at Cole, and for the first time, he wasn't angry, and he wasn't staring at his twin with hatred. It was so creepy, seeing both of them in the same room, facing each other. It was creepy seeing Eli being like Cole. And Cole looked so extremely calm it scared me. He was just standing there, not acting superior in any way. The silence actually scared me, and gave me chills. I looked between the two, wondering what would happen. Cole still had not spoken a word.

But when he did, it was a calm, chilling word, dipped in venom, but he drawled it slowly. 

"You." 

Micah snapped into the scary silence between the two brothers, spitting angrily, "Cher is hurt. Are we just going to stand here or are we going to help her?" 

Eli broke his eyes off from Cole, and looked over to Cher. He quickly went to help Micah and Cher, leaving me and Blizzard to deal with Cole, as they left the room. I smiled weakly at him, and went right over to him, hugging him tightly.

"What did you do to her?" I folded my arms, raising my eyebrow at him. He frowned and shook his head.

"Nothing. The bitch got her own self in trouble." He told me. I gasped, glaring at him, and he rolled his eyes, saying, "It's a female donkey. Her face is about as large as it's ass."

I scowled. "It's a female dog, genius."

Cole smiled, laughing nervously and scratching his head. "Same difference."

My seriousness evaporated, as I grinned widely at his idiotic statement. He was a dick, but he was funny when he wanted to be.

"Do you know who did it?" I asked him. He shook his head, looking back into the hallway they disappeared into.

"I didn't see anything. I heard the scream and I got there in time. I think whatever was with her was going to kill her, but I scared it off. I picked her up to go bring her to you guys, since I was already on my way, but then Micah saw me. He freaked out on me and took her away and stomped off, and I just followed the funky dude all the way here." Cole told me, shrugging. "It's not a bad place...wonder where we are."

"What do you mean, "it"? And you don't know where we are?" I frowned in confusement.

"It's not human." Cole said simply. "And no, I don't. I teleported. With this," he showed me a watch, but very more complex with more buttons than I could count. Had that been on my wrist I would have ended up in China...

"What is it?" I asked him another quesion, using up the time I had to ask. I knew Eli and Micah would be back soon. And Cole wouldn't answer questions forever.

"Same thing as the thing at our old school, but better. I can track whoever I want with it. And it is awesome and it charges with the sun," he explained, smiling. I laughed.

"Okay, then. So, what do you mean it's not human?" I frowned.

"It's...hard to explain. If there are people like us, magical, gifted, whatever you'd like to call it, there has to be other kinds of things, right? Although, we have never met each other in person. It's against nature. Just like when your mom raised you as human, you thought demons, vampires, werewolves, all of that stuff was a myth, right? To us, we pretend each other aren't real. But just like us, the other kinds of things, can make themself form as human. But while we are actually human, just with different abilities, demons and vampires and shit have to kill humans. Werewolves aren't exactly human, but they have human form, still. They are just cursed. Demons kill humans and take their form. Vampires drink human blood to put it into their system to look human for about a week. Usually they kill the other person so there isn't two of them walking the streets." Cole shrugged. "But we don't usually worry about them. They stay in original form, I've never spotted anything other than us, and everything else stays inside the Hidden World."