Chap. 74: It's Going To Be Okay

*Third Person POV*

         A sharp pain spreads through Katie's back, waking her up. She felt the warm liquid starting to pool beneath her. High pitched screams escape her lips as her legs curl up to her stomach. Chris's eyes fly open, his heart racing. He immediately flipping on the bedside light and turns to his wife.
           "Honey, what's wrong? What's—" Chris pulls back the covers to reveal a small pool of blood forming under his wife, "HOLY SHIT!"
              Chris immediately rushes to the kitchen to get his cellphone. He dials 911, rushing back to Katie. Copper barks and runs all over the house.
              "Yes? 911? My wife is 32 weeks pregnant! She's bleeding badly! I don't think I can get her up out of the bed." Chris knew this because he could barely get her out of bed the morning before, and he was afraid to hurt his wife even more. "We live on Kimber Drive, 425617! White house on the right!"
            Chris hangs up, rushing over to Katie, who screams in agony. He shushes her, holding onto her stomach. Tears swell in his eyes.
             "I'm gonna lose—" Katie starts to scream out, wincing as tears fall down her face.
             "Shhhh, Honey! It's okay! The ambulance is coming." Chris begins to cry hard, his voice cracking.
              "I'm s-so scared." Katie trembles, biting down hard on her lower lip. "GOD!"
Chris quickly dials Andrew's number, running a shaky hand through his messy hair. He can't help but helplessly stare down at the blood soaking into the bed. Katie and their child is dying. Seconds feel like minutes, but 20 minutes go by on a flash. Both the ambulance and Andrew show up at the same time. Chris holds the door open to let the paramedics come in. Chris takes Copper and puts him in a room so he won't be in the way. Chris helplessly stands in the living room, watching as his dying wife is carried out of their house in a stretcher. He wants to go to her, to keep her safe and be there in case he doesn't see her again. Andrew puts a firm hand on his big brother's bare shoulder. Andrew tries to remain semi-calm, internally freaking out.
"Get dressed, I'll drive you to the hospital."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris is hunched over with his hands covering his beat red face in the emergency room. Andrew rubs Chris's back, the hospital bag in his lap. He can feel his older brother shaking with fear and worry. Though he would never say it out loud, Andrew knows his big brother won't be the same if he loses Katie or their child. It'll break Chris's mind, heart, body, and soul. Chris was so happy at the party, so excited for his new child. And now all of that just may be ripped away from him.
          Lauren rushes into the emergency room, in dirty sweats she had thrown on. When she sees her oldest child hunched over in his chair, she dashes over.
          "What's wrong? What happened?" Lauren kneels in front of Chris, "Sweetie, what happened?"
            "Katie was excessively bleeding." Andrew says softly, still rubbing his brother's hunched back. "They has to rush her to the hospital. She was unconscious."
            Lauren puts her hand over her mouth, her heart shattering. She automatically wraps her arms around her son's stuff body. She kisses his head, rocking him in her arms like a child.
"It's going to be okay, Sweetie." Lauren says soothingly in Chris's ear, "We have to pray about it and hope for the best."
"I'll never forgive God if he takes them away from me." Chris sullenly says, heavily sighing. "I'd rather it was me instead of them."
"Shh, don't say that." Lauren says softly, still rocking him in her arms. "God has a plan and whatever plan that is, then that's what it should be."
"I wish I hadn't of pressured her into having sex with me." Chris sullenly says, "I wish we had a better start."
"Shhh." Lauren says to him, "Rest now. I'll wake you when the doctor comes in."

Guys, I started crying when I wrote that Chris watched his dying wife being taken out of the house on a stretcher. I just had to pause and give myself a good cry. I'm a horrible person! I hurt my own feelings 😭😭😭