Chap. 87: My, How My Life Has Progressed

*Katie's POV*

"OH MY GOD!" I sharply turn my head to see Tara, Halee, and Kayla running towards me happily.
I quickly stand and run over to them. I give each friend a tight hug, happy to see them since it's been a while. We all sit down.
"Wow, you look great!" Tara says to me, "I guess the early Mommy years are treating you well?"
I shrug. "At times."
"Well...." Halee says nervously, "I finally broke things off with Tristian. I'm with an Irish man now named James."
I grin happily. "Finally, after all those years of trying to convince you how awful Tristian was treating you, you FINALLY take my advice."
Halee sticks her tongue out at me. I giggle as I throw my straw wrapper at her playfully. If Chloe was here, I would be angry if anyone did that. Mainly because she would want to do it too. Ah, my child.
"So, Kayla? Have you upgraded at the hospital?" I say hopefully, "I know you were wanting to becoming a surgical nurse."
Kayla blushes. "Yeah, I successfully managed to become a surgical nurse."
I clap my hands for no apparent reason, stopping immediately.
"And, I am also engaged." Kayla says slowly.
I cheer loudly, my eyes popping out of my head. "OH MY GOD! Kayla, I'm so happy for you."
"His name is Jackson Brooks, he's an OB/GYN." My mouth drops, Kayla chuckles at my expression. "What?"
"Dr. Brooks delivered Chloe." I say, "Is he still tall and handsome?"
Kayla blinks. "Yes?"
"I love how you answred that." Tara chuckles, "Okay now ask me how I am."
"Okay? Tara how are--"
"I'M ENGAGED!" Tara shout, causing people to look at us.
"Really? To who?" I say shocked.
"To this guy who has been coming to my restaurant everyday for the past two years." Tara chcukles.
"He must be rich." I joke.
"Actually, he was homeless but he got a job at a company that sells ties for men." Tara babbles happily.
"Oh." I nod awkwardly, "What's his name?"
"Reed Dickerson." Tara says with stars in her eyes.
Halee's face scrunched up. "He sounds like a--"
"Halee!" I stop her, my cheeks red. "Is he nice? What does he look like?"
Tara gets her phone out and shows us a picture. Adora was with them that day. I miss spendong time with Adora and Whitney. Whitney transferred to a Colorado school. Adora is always traveling due to her job as a reporter.
"Isnt Reed handsome?" Tara sighs.
"Yeah..." Reed has a big nose, bitty eyes, and big lips. "handsome."
"He's the light of my life." Tara giggles happily.
"I can tell." I smile, "Chloe is mine and Chris's."
"How is she? Is she doing better? I know she was having problems." Kayla says concerned.
"Oh, that kid is better than okay." I roll my eyes, smiling automatically. "She's so smart and sweet. I'm afraid she looks like me though."
"HA!" Tara points at me, "I told you you're kid would look like you."
I roll my eyes at her. "Well, how about you guys? Do you still want kids?"
"Hell no!" Halee exclaims, dropping her voice to a whisper.
"Um, I just got engaged." Kayla says awkwardly, "Kids are the furthest thing from my mind."
"I want 20!" Tara exclaims.
We all three turn to her with narrowed brows. "No you don't!"
"Chris and I are having difficulty with being intimate because Chloe can hear us through the walls." I explain to her, "Your sex life becomes nonexistent."
"Well, sex isn't everything." Tara shrugs.
I scoff. "Maybe to someone who hasn't had sex."
Halee cackles. "Got that right."
Kayla sighs. "Can we not talk about sex right now? This isn't the setting."
"What do we talk about?" I say confused.
"How about your life in paradise with Christopher Eaton, the multi-gagillionaire?" Tara chuckles.
I blush. "He's the same, only more horney."
Halee rolls her eyes.
"Well...okay then."
As we sit here and talk, it takes me back to 5 years ago before I met Chris. It seems like a dream, all those years ago when my biggest concern was Hannah Strucker. My, how my life has progressed.

I know this feels incomplete and it sucks but I wanted to update SOMETHING this week. I'll update more either today or tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed this pathethic chapter though. You are all loved ✌❤