─ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

"Man, dude looks dead," said the new Robin, helping Dick drag the unconscious Dr. Adamson through the empty parking garage as I trailed behind them, sore from the attack.

"Trust me. There's a difference between dead and knocked out," Dick replied, still masking the anger on his face, which the young boy continued to act oblivious towards it. Heck, I would be angry too when learning I was replaced by some overly confident child.

"This is awesome! Robin and Robin, in action," he exclaimed, excitedly before glancing back at me with a smirk. "No worries, princess. I didn't forget about you."

I frowned at the pet name, "Do not call me princess ever, little boy."

"Who the hell are you?" Dick asked.

"Jason Todd. The new Robin. Robin 2.0, right?"

"More like a copycat," I muttered as we finally made it to the car.

"Hey, seriously, man, it's an honor to meet you," Jason mentioned, leaning against the car as he held up a clenched hand for a fist bump.

Dick sighed, staring at it for a brief moment. He bumped his knuckles with Jason's as I lightly shook my head, opening up the car's trunk and moving out of the way for them to load the old man's body into the backspace.

Jason grunted in an effort, speaking once again, "I always wondered what this moment was gonna be like, never thought that when it happened, I'd be saving your life. Well, both of you guys' lives."

Trust me, we didn't either.

I watched as Dick lifted and placed Adamson's lower limb into the car. "So, there's a new Robin, eh?" he questioned, taking a quick look at the boy.

"Yours truly. In the flesh," Jason replied, sounding egotistical.

"Does Batman know you're here?" Dick asked once again but in curiosity.

"Of course. Bruce knows how badly I've always wanted to meet you. Pick your brain, catch a couple of pointers, he's all, 'Go for it, bro'."

"The almighty Bruce Wayne said 'bro'?" I lightly chuckled, trying to imagine him say that term. "Who would've thought someone like him would know about young people's lingo?"

"He didn't exactly say that, but you catch my drift, right?"

"I don't ever want to catch your drift," I pulled another frown.

"Whatever. Hey, let me go grab my clothes. I'll be right back," Jason told us as he ran off.

Once he disappeared from our view and earshot, I turned to the former Robin who closed the car's trunk then took a glimpse at our little friend through the glass window.

"Hey, you alright? You have the same expression as Talia when Ra's introduced me to the League of Assassins," I said, looking at him with concern.

Dick nodded, running his fingers through his hair. "Yeah, I'm fine. I was the one who made the decision to leave. It shouldn't be a surprise to learn Batman found a new sidekick since everyone is expendable..."

"Don't say that," I snapped, placing my forefinger and thumb on his chin. I forced him to look at me directly in the eyes. "You are not expendable, okay? There is only one Robin and he was you, not some arrogant kid who I swear to god want to punch in the face."