─ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Nanda Parbat, a hidden city nestled in the mountains of Tibet, is the last place I ever want to be in and yet, here I am inside my former bedroom. The single stick of burning candle was on the nightstand as the cold, winter breeze within the small space brought the sense of discomfort.

It was unclear how I got to this wretched place, but for certain, I need to get out of here before Father, Talia, or the others discover my presence. Getting up from the stone ground, I was immediately struck by a strong wave of dizziness as my legs almost gave way. "What the hell," I cursed under my breath and shifted my whole body to the wall for support.

Something is wrong.

I glanced down at my hand then clenched it into a fist, taking note of the absence strength. This can't be happening, not now. My strength is nearly depleted, but how? It is impossible for anyone to lose the Lazarus Pit's enhancements.

No, Ashe. Figure out the answer after you get out of here.

I staggered over to the door, opening it as I cautiously checked both ends of the hallway before exiting the bedroom. I relied on my muscle memories to find the exit, however, the reliance took a complete turn.

Instead of the exit, I entered the place where Ra's killed me seven years ago.

A cloaked figure stood at the center of the Grand Hall as fear and anxiety started to build up inside of me. I slowly backed away and was ready to bolt out of the double doors when someone used a wooden object to hit me behind the knees then the back in one swift, fluid motion.

Dropping down to the ground, I groaned in pain as laughter soon resonated—his laughter. With my body shaking and sweat ready to seep out, I lifted my head to watch the cloaked figure turn around and reveal his face to me.

"Welcome back, Asura," Ra's greeted with a grin, placing his hands behind his back. He sauntered towards me as I defied the pain and weakness to get up from the ground, taking a step back every time he got closer. "Or should I call you, Ashe? That is the name you adopted for the last seven years, correct?"

I said nothing.

"Did you believe that you can run away from me? Your own father—the Demon's Head."

"H-how did I get here?" I asked, my voice a little shaky as it entertained him.

"You came back all by yourself, daughter. Do you not remember?" Ra's told me.

"Liar," I growled in a low tone, "I would never come back to this place."

An amused chuckle left his lips. "You are right. You would never come back to your home unless there was a reason," he explained, quickly snapping his finger as the whole room morphed into the dungeon space underneath. "A special reason that would leave you no options but to return."

Father stepped away to the side, revealing a horrific sight.

It was Nyssa—tied up in metal chains with her whole body covered in laceration and blood. Her head hanged low, showing no signs of life.

I felt my heart shatter into millions of pieces and my throat tightened before the tears began to stream down my cheeks. "Nyssa... what have you done to her?!" I exclaimed in anger.