42.

"You sure its fine if we leave Jin alone?"

"He will be fine, i have to take you somewhere safe " Taehyung smiled as he kept a eye on Jimin from the corner of his eyes, creating friction as he rubbed his hands nervously on the steering wheel.
Something didnt seem the same, the atmosphere wasnt as easy going as normal.
But then again with all that had happened it was inevetable.

"So- how have you been?"

Jimin broke the scilence as he turned his face towards Taehyungs who's face was covered with a small roasy flush.

"Bored, it feels off without you around you know. Everyone thinks your dead"

Jimin smiled to himself gently before looking ahead at the road, feeling the soft air brushing through his hair as he leant his head on the window.
Feeling the cold glass pane on his cheek as he let out a small gentel memorizing sound.
"You know im not though, and thats all that counts"

Taehyung blinked in surprise as a small smile formed on both their lips as soon as both their eyes locked, Taehyungs expression more surprised as he reached over and flicked Jimins forehead ever so slightly.
Jimins reaction was just so priceless as he let out a gasp, about to speak but having a finger pressed thirmly on his lips.

Maybe it wasnt so different afterall as a cocky expression formed over Taehyungs lips as he turned his eyes to the road.
"So, whats going on between you and the other guy?"
Taehyung questioned out of the bloom which made Jimins eyes spark as he nearly jumped out of his sciet.

"W...what do you mean? There is nothing betwee-"

"Its obvious you see, you love him dont you? I can tell by the way you look at him... thats how i realised that he was back.."
Taehyung muttered beneath his breath before hesitantly pulling his finger away, he let his eyes fall to the palm of his hand as he squeezed his fist ever so slightly but he made sure to stable a small gentle smile over lips as he watched Jimins.
His cheeks blooming with roses as he glanced fo the side.

"I dont love him... i swear i dont i just-"

"Dont make any excuses to make me feel any better... i was too late and thats all there is to it...i really was late..."

Taehyung sighed as he flicked the radio on, not being able to face Jimin as he kept his eyes on the road.
This half assed confession was enaugh to make his own poor heart flood with a sudden sharp pain as the feeling in his stomach was enaugh to make him gagg, but he kept it in.
Letting the feeling suffocate him slowly as he kept his eyes away.

"Too late?... too late for what?"

Jimin tilted his head in confusion, only to recieve smal chuckle from Taehyung as he slowly stopped the car, the eventual ruttle of the rocks beneath the car wheels making Jimins ear drums flutter as their eyes locked.

"You see" Taehyung opened his mouth, he wasnt sure what he was doing once he placing his hand on Jimins shoulder, finding it hard to make out the words he wanted to say.

His anxeity mixed with the overwhelming feeling of guilt punched him right in the gut as he felt his eyes tear as he took a deep breath.

"I...i was too late to love you"

"H..huh? What did you say?"

Jimin tilted his head once again, Taehyung being too overwhelmed by his own words he didnt even notice the large van speeding past.

"I was too late to tell you how dumb you are"

Taehyung scratched the back of his neck with a groan as he started the car once again, his hair falling over his eyes as Jimin sat in the passenger seat with a frown.
"Shut up you idiot"
The smaller rolled his eyes with a small smile as he leaned to the side, moving his body forward before placing his lips on Taehyungs Cheek causing the others eyes to widen.

"Im giving this back"

"Y... you can keep it"