Chapter 27

Vessels eyes were closed as he soaked in the warmth of the sun. He was content and at peace with Quilo right now.

Ansaldo and I decided to give our wolves time together as well, since it wasn't just us two that have been apart.

Vessel was tucked into Quilos side, and occasionally he would receive an affectionate lick on the back of his ears. Not sure why the ears though. But each time it happened, vessel would purr.

Fucking purr.

Like a cat.

'I missed this.' Quilo mindlinked us. Vessel licked Quilo's muzzle in agreement.

Suddenly their ears pricked at a snap in the distance, and both of our wolves shot up.

No scent that seemed familiar or dangerous was coming through.

Even though we weren't in danger, Quilo forced vessel and I back to the pack house, just out of pure safety reasons.

I shifted behind a tree and put on clothes that were stuffed underneath the roots. Vessel travels to the back of my mind again and I step out from behind the tree and see Ansaldo.

He quickly wraps his arms around me and we go back in the pack house together.

"You don't need to be so worried. It was probably just some rabbit stepping on a little twig." I huff.

Ansaldo closes the screen door behind us, and we're suddenly in the kitchen.

"You never know. Elizabeth is a powerful witch, and she probably knows how to hide her scent. I'm not taking any chances." He growls out the last part

"Easy there Alpha. Too much possessiveness in that tone." Malik walks in the kitchen.

Ansaldo just rolls his eyes.

Malik reaches in the fridge for a red bull. "Don't roll your eyes at me."

I cover my mouth with my hand to hide a small smile forming.

"Don't tell me what to do." My mate crossed his arms  over his broad chest.

Malik cracks open the can and takes a sip of his drink.

"Sorry Malik, he's just anxious right now. He thinks that Elizabeth is stalking us in the forest." I explain.

Malik just looks at us. "I think Elizabeth is gone. She seemed satisfied enough when Liam walked out."

"But that doesn't mean she won't come back. Word travels fast in the werewolf world." Ansaldo lowly growls.

"I see your point there. But I think she had enough 'revenge' or whatever she wanted to do to you." Malik sips his drink again.

"She hasn't had enough. She doesn't want Liam to mark me, that's the thing. Because when I get marked, we both turn mortal. And she loves being immortal at the moment." Ansaldo sits down on one of the stools in front of the counter island.

"So when I mark you, does that mean she shrivels up and turns to ash like Rapunzels mother did in tangled?" I ask.

Malik begins to laugh really hard, and Ansaldo shakes his head.

"No, her life time clock just begins again. She won't shrivel up into ash like we all wish she would." Malik tries to calm his laughter.

"Damn," I sigh disappointedly. "So her whole plan against us is to not get me to mark my own mate?" I curiously ask.

"Very much so. Maybe harm our pack in the process. She wants to live forever, and make me suffer while doing so." Ansaldo takes Malik's Red Bull and takes a big swallow of the energy drink.

Malik pouted the entire time.

"All because you wouldn't mate her?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yes, and because I tried to kill her." He gave Malik his Red Bull back.

I take a seat on the still next to him. "Why?"

"Why I tried to kill her?"

I nod.

"Because she tried to kill my family and my pack," Ansaldo begins. "Back then it was frowned upon to be mates with a witch or a human. I so happened to be mated to a witch, obviously. I was ashamed and refused to develop a relationship with her. So I rejected her. She was beyond mad and got back at me, by killing my little sister and some pack members. I almost got her back, but she ran and somehow managed to heal herself before she died."

My eyes went wide. "Holy shit. I'm..." my voice trailed away.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed my temple. "Don't say sorry. It's fine, and I moved past it."

"But how?" Our eyes met each other's.

"When I found out I had a second chance mate. Which hopefully explains why I was so adamant on you being away from Kyle."

"Because if we knew each other, it would help you in so many ways." I looked down at my hands.

"It would help the both of us, and our packs. But it wasn't mainly because it would help everyone, it was because I needed you." I glance back up, and he captures my lips in a head spinning kiss.

"Woah, hello PDA." Malik buts in.

I pull away from Ansaldo, blushing, but he doesn't let me go without another peck on the lips.

"You guys are so damn horny for each other. It's only going to get worse until Liam marks you, Annie." Malik chuckles.

Ansaldo growls. "You know how much I hate the nickname Annie."

Malik laughs. "Whatcha going to do about it, Annie?"

"Kill you." Ansaldo growls. He gets up from the stool.

Malik screams and books it out of the kitchen, Ansaldo trailing close behind.

"Wait! Wait! I want my life! Spare me!" I hear Malik yell from the other room.

Luca waddles in, and shakes his head at our mates.

"How do you deal with Malik?" I curiously wonder.

Luca shrugs. "The hell if I know."

I huff and roll my eyes, taking Malik's Red Bull he left on the counter and downing a gulp.

"Did you talk things out?" Luca begins pulling stuff out for dinner.

"We did. Hopefully that's all of it, but I feel like it's going to get more complicated." I put by head in my hand.

"Well whatever you do, don't leave Ansaldo again. That's what Elizabeth wants. And we can't let her win." Luca shakes his head.

And that's true.

We can't let her.