Chapter 33

-Ansaldo-

I watched my hands softly travel through Liam's dark drown, curly hair as he slept. His head on my chest and his arms wrapped around my torso, and legs entangled together. I smiled as I watched him peacefully dream, nothing seeming to disturb him.

I hardly ever slept. It was something I could just never really do since the curse began. Either I worked or played my cello. But ever since Liam jumped into my life, I made sure that every night he was safe. Even when he was in Ohio and I wasn't, I still called his parents to check up on him without him knowing.

As I kept running my hands through his hair softly, he snuggled further into me, if that was even possible. He was very content and I hated to leave him around this time of morning to oversee training and the pack.

A soft knock sounded at my door and Malik slowly opened it, peering in quietly. Now my mood being down, and knowing Malik was here to get me to finally go outside after I had procrastinated long enough, I unwrap Liam carefully from around me and get up to leave the room, but not without writing a note first to tell him where I went.

I follow Malik outside as we shifted to our wolves, mine a light gray, and his a brownish red.

'Where too, Vertigo?' Quilo mindlinked his beta.

'North west border. We're doing a patrol starting there and working eastward.' Malik's wolf, Vertigo responded back.

Quilo growled in response, as if to tell Vertigo he got the message without mindlinking back. Together, they traveled towards the north west border tower before shifting back into their human form, and putting on clothes that were hidden in nearby trees. Being in a werewolf pack, it was actually very common to find clothes stuffed under tree roots and other non-poisonous plants.

Together Malik and I walked into the tower, to be greeted by our high ranking warriors. "Alpha. Beta." Several wolves acknowledge them with a slight nod of their head, to which we returned.

"Moretti! Bianchi! Thank the goddess you arrived when you did. A few warriors detected a female witch scent at the southern border." Our gamma, Enzo, called me and Malik by our last names to grab our attention.

Enzo was a built, 6'2" man, with dark red hair, pale skin and brown, almost black, eyes. He was easily one of my most trusted pack members when it came to honesty and he was a prodigy at organizing border patrols and security. I always consulted with him about pack territory before actually applying changes.

"Were they found inside the pack territory?" I almost growl out.

"No, just barely outside." Enzo confirmed.

"How smart would it be to up the patrols around the area they were found?" Malik crosses his arms over his chest.

"Not smart, even if it doesn't affect how the other sides are ran. Elizabeth will notice high security in that one area, play around with the patrols, and then attack from a weaker side. So unless you want to strengthen all of the other border patrols as well, then it will be fine." Enzo handed me a file full of the nights reports on the patrols.

"Then let's talk on how to strengthen the patrol times without weakening and sleep depriving the warriors."

Malik and Enzo nodded, before joining me in a secluded room, away from prying eyes and ears for a few hours.

———

By the time me and Malik finally left the last patrol tower, it was well into noon. Usually I try my best to be back at the pack house before this time, but each passing day was getting busier and more stressful as we anticipated an attack at any moment.

I walked back into the main backyard area when I heard a excited screech from Liam, and his amazing mate scent of marigold flowers,  he came running down the porch steps in one of my shirts and a pair of boxers underneath.

I was about to scold him for being dressed like that around everyone, and not just me, but before I could, he jumped into my arms and wrapped his legs around my waist, as I grappled onto the back of his thighs.

He attacked my face in kisses, and I had no idea where this was all coming from, but I became almost as equally as excited has he was.

After like a minute of him littering my face, I set him down and kept my hands on his waist.

"Whats this all abou-" I began, but he cut me off, suddenly showing me the letter I left by him this morning.

"You love me!" He breathlessly smiled.

Taking the letter, I reread what I had written, and sure enough, I did tell him at least three times that I loved him in the note.

"Of course I do. Did you think that I didn't love you?" I fake a hurt tone in my voice.

"No! Of course not!" Liam frowned for a second, but I just kissed his pouting lips.

He's so sassy sometimes and he doesn't even know it. One of the many things I love about him.

"I'm just teasing you, Tesoro." I pull his small frame further into my big one.

"I meant to tell that to you yesterday, but you went off to do your job." He whispered.

I leaned down into his ear "If you would have told me that yesterday, there's no way in hell you would be walking right now." I growl, and nip at his earlobe.

"Wanna bet?" My beautiful mate challenges back.

"Of course, and I'll win, considering how you're dressed in front of the pack right now." I warn him.

He finally seemed to notice his attire, as I leaned back and he hid his embarrassment and blushing by keeping his face hidden in my chest.

I lift him up, his legs wrapping around my waist again, and I took him back into the pack house.

"I love you." He mumbles into my neck.

"I'm sorry, what?" I pretended not to hear him, just so he could say it again.

Liam moves his head out of my neck, so I saw his beautiful brown eyes.

"I love you." He said, more firmly.

I smiled, probably the biggest smile I have ever given in my entire life.

"I love you so much." I told him.

And Liam showed his beautiful smile that I love to see.

———

(Woah! A chapter from Ansaldos part?! I felt like this scene was way more fitting from his perspective, haha :)

I'm thinking about writing a little Christmas special for these two. What do you think? Are you guys down? It'll be updated on Christmas, of course.

Also I'm not sure if I ever gave Malik a last name, and if I did, I forgot. I also don't really remember if I introduced a gamma. So, oh well. It is what it is.

Anyways, I hope you all are having a fantastic holiday season! <3 )