Bonus Chapter: 3 Years Later

~Mac's POV~

I can't believe it has been three years ever since I pulled that stint.

Now, I've reverted almost-fully to my past self. I still follow all of Sophia's fashion advice, of course. I mean, what would I be without them?

Things haven't exactly gone smooth as a baby's skin since then. For a few months after I got arrested, I have to deal with Hailey and her friends' mockery on Instagram. But, I learn a little trick called blocking the user. Of course, they don't stop there and continue to mock me at school too.

But, I couldn't care less.

I choose not to listen to anything they say because I know for a fact that they're just haters, and they're going to hate me no matter what I do or don't do.

Well, I also flip a finger once or twice at them, but I'm proud to say that I haven't had any trouble with the authorities for thirty-six months and counting.

Besides, as people say, karma really is a b.

While Sophia and I have already graduated last summer, Hayley and her friends are still sixty credits away from graduation—and frankly, I'm not positive they will graduate at all considering how they spend more time partying than studying.

Plus, most of them are in unhealthy relationships, whereas I am proud to say I've been going steady with a certain baby-faced boy. He might not be a billionaire nor have the looks of a Greek god, but he's perfect for me.

All in all, now that I'm behaving like me again, I can say with absolute confidence that I have never been happier.

Before I know it, it's almost Christmas again. The song Holly Jolly Christmas is playing through the speakers as I stroll along Sunset Mall—and so far, it has indeed been a holly, jolly season for me.

"Oh my God, are you Mackenzie Goode?" a teenage girl asks, awe fills her voice.

On my peripheral vision, two teenage girls are staring at me with mouth wide open, admiration twinkling in their eyes. Turning around, I flash a smile and greet them politely. The girls squeal in delight and approach me.

"C-can we take a picture together?" the girl in braces asks.

"Sure," I say with a smile.

Over these past two years, I've been somewhat of a local celebrity—the good kind, of course. I created a self-help blog that detailed my experience as a bad girl called confessionofamatchstickgirl.com. Through my website and social media, I encourage girls who are going through similar situations like I did to stay true to themselves and avoid making the same mistakes that I did. With Sophia and Dylan's help, the blog went viral, and right now, I have 1.2 million followers on Instagram.

Not so bad for the former matchstick girl, huh?

"Thank you so much!" The girls wave goodbye after taking a group photo with me.

My eyes are then drawn to the bright-red boutique on my right. Standing flower bouquets congratulating the soft opening of the store are placed on either side of the door. A logo—one that I designed—made from neon that spells Wilde's are beaming on the wall.

While I've become a somewhat self-help guru and freelance graphic designer, Sophia has made a career for herself by being a fashion-stylist. Being an ambitious girl that she is, she doesn't stop there. Lacey Patterson, a make-up artist friend of hers, helped introduce her to the right people; and with her perseverance, a week ago she made her debut as a fashion designer.