Raven On Her Journey

The man or the wolf she just pushed away, grabbed her injured arm and hauled her up. Her weak legs dangled with no strength to keep herself up. She winced in pain and tried to yank her arm off. She could have succeeded had the red eyed man not grabbed her by the other arm and the man with blue eyes not pulled her head back by grabbing a handful of her hair. She let out a snarl. Not a painful one but one filled with a promise to kill them all, if she got a chance.

The werewolf whose back was still facing us, slowly took calculating steps towards them until he was directly in front of her. "You leave us no choice sweetheart. Oh, how I wanted to taste that vicious lips of yours, just once." He held his hand to feel her lips on his fingertips. But once his fingers were close to her lips, she snapped her mouth, almost biting his fingers off.

He laughed. "Feisty, are we? I would have loved to taste you." He moves closer to her ear to whisper. But she sees that as an opening and lungs for his throat with her mouth as his scream fills the silent night.

"F***" says one as they all struggle to free him from her vicious mouth, but she bit hard and keeps her hold on him as if her life depended on it. Damn, she's one tough one.

When I look at Aya, her eyes are blazing with anger. She looks about ready to jump out. But she knows better than to do that. I know why she's angry. She probably sees herself in her. She's one tough girl like Aya was. But I'm not going to lie, she's probably stronger than her because of what she is. Or might be.

The man lets a painful growl and my attention falls back on them. They were finally able to get her off his throat but not without her biting some of his flesh off. She spits it off like a piece of dirt and grins, her teeth and elongated canines covered in his blood. She looks beautifully evil.

He holds his bloody neck and swings his other arm to land a punch on her face and her head swings at an abnormal angle. That must have hurt. But all she lets out is an "Oomph".

Then she goes limp. If not for those men holding her up, she would be lying flat on the ground. Enough was enough. A rage was building up inside me. That was it, I was losing control over myself which was already hanging by a thin string.

I looked at Aya and she looked back at me. She must have felt my burning green eyes that grows lighter every time I'm close to losing control. I nod my head. She knows what I mean. She starts taking her hoodie and leggings off, ready to shift. While I pull my hood down and cover my face.

As the man's elongated nails tries to claw her chest, Aya lets out a loud growl from my side, now fully up along with me beside her. She was a size of a mature lion even bigger, her fur blonde like her hair and her eyes dark with anger, if I was them, I would have stayed away from her. But my own fury fuelling each second by my dislike towards them, made me no better. I wouldn't want to anger myself too. Under the hood, I could feel my eyes glaze lighter.

Aya's wolf Xena, looked at me as I looked back at her. She was waiting for a go signal. As I turned back and leaped off the small cliff where we stood, Xena jumped after me and lunged at the man who was about to hurt the now unconscious girl. While I swiftly went behind them before they could take in what was going on and snapped his head.

He now laid on the ground beneath me and with his blue eyes staring at the dark hell that awaited his soul. Then I turned around to the red eyed wolf who had enough time to shift. His dirty black fur felt like a layer of dirt that would rub on me as I held him by his neck as he lunged for me.

The other man lunged for me letting go of the girl that now fell to the floor with a thud. But I paid him no attention as Aya jumped in-between and bit his side as he let out a painful howl. While the one in my hand whimpered as he struggled to breath. Without wasting another second, I snapped the bone on his neck as he stilled on my hand that was holding him.

By the time I got to the girl and made sure that she was alive, Aya had finished the wolf as well. "Now what?" I ask not taking my eyes off her bruised face.

Aya went up the cliff, where she left her clothing and our bags and came back fully clothed with both our bags on each hand. "Let's clean up and leave this place. We cannot be seen and known that we were here. Especially you." She says as she kneels beside me and starts fixing her bleeding arm before she grabs her so she could carry her on her back.

I guess I was cleaning up then. I stood up and looked around as I willed the moss and grass to grow over to cover their dead bodies and mask any of their or our scents as a few flowers started to bloom randomly. But it did not look out of place. By the time I was done, it looked like another untouched part of the woods.

Aya already had the girl while leaving the bags behind, "Raven get the bag. Let's keep moving." She says, urgency clear in her voice.

I ran towards where she had left the bags and grabbed them both as I hurried to where she was heading, adjusting one bag to carry on my back as normal and another to carry on my front.

There goes our plan for resting overnight. I know there was not an ounce of tiredness in our body right now as we were so used to this. So very much. But we cannot keep going like this. It will eventually wear us out.

We kept making our ways further and further away. But we never left the woods or the river. We followed its sound as we headed towards the moonless night. Now clearly lost to what we are going to do as we had not planned on meeting, more like picking up a girl from a bunch of werewolves.

So much for Aya wanting to keep me away from them. I wanted to laugh out loud, but you never know what could be lurking around the darkness. I mean like we don't want a second encounter on the same night now, do we? Not with anyone, not even the animals that belong here. Nope we don't want that.

Even though Aya is strong, I know she can't go on forever. So, I force her to hand the girl to me whilst she holds our bags and leads the way. I may look shorter and less muscular than Aya, but I know I'm strong. So, does Aya. So, she doesn't argue much when I ask her to swap. Tiredness, now clear in her eyes.

I don't know how much further we can go like this. During the day we had an objective to get out the woods so we thought we could eat and rest at night. But when the night came slapping in our faces like this, we have no choice but to keep moving. Who knows if there were more of them? Who knows if more of them were coming?

From one to another, I don't know how many hills we crossed over anymore. But the river still continued forever by our side. We have travelled far enough to have lost our track. Very far enough. But we still continue until we reach a small clearing by the tall pine trees and some other tall trees. Hiding and shielding it from everything.

"Let's rest here for now", she says pointing towards the clearing. I nod my head in agreement as I lay the girl down on the ground full of pebbles as Aya comes to hold her body upright. I lift my hand up and slowly compel the land and the trees to move as per my wish. The ground by the river rises a bit and the trees mould itself to take a shape of a small hut like house.

I force more trees to grow around and more bushes to form so it can hide us better. The land rises here and there changing its shape as it follows to the movement of my hand. When I'm sure that we are fully covered, I step back to Aya who helps me to carry the girl on my back again.

Then we both once again step into the comfort of the freshly grown woods as the sun hits the river which shines back, glimmering in its beauty and the sky too kissed by the suns ray, lights up, reminding me of the blue eyes of the girl that laid on my back. Her eyes, an exact replica of this morning sky.

There goes Raven on her journey.