Raven - A Lycan That Bites

I tug his hands once more and he finally let go. I turn around and walk away. You are doing good Raven. Just walk away. I inhale deeply taking in all the air that might have carried his scent. A smile forms on my lips as I inhale the familiar ocean. Goodbye Lucas. My Lycan. The only being that my heart dared to love.

No, I did not go to campus. I did not go back home or the woods. I just walked down the road mindlessly. My brain now empty. No more keeping anything to myself. My heart was free of the heavy weight, but it felt tight against my chest.

The day darkened as the sky above cried. It fell on me, but my steps never faltered. The sky growled with pain and poured heavily as if telling me to let go. As if it's saying it's okay to cry, I'll be here to wash your tears and mute your sobs. And it did just that as I walked away from my very first and the only heartbreak.

After walking for hours, I came across a quiet park. The rain stopped pouring a long time ago, and now the sun stands there instead, drying the entire land of its tears as if it never shed its sadness a while ago. Just like my own self.

I go and sit on a bench by the park heavily covered by the nature. I lean against it and held my head up to the sky, closing my eyes at its brightness. Then I turn to the side and notice that a part of the park was completely filled with trees and the land stretched far beyond.

I wonder how I never stumbled upon this part of the city. Well, maybe it's because you hardly have any time for yourself. I tell myself.

"I was wondering why I didn't see you at work today. You were here huh." I turn my head to look at the man before me as I sit up straight.

"Sorry Brad, I just wasn't feeling okay. Sorry, I couldn't call. I don't have a phone." I hope he buys my excuse. But I don't have a phone though. For real.

He sits down beside me. "Anyways, what are you doing here?" I sigh. "I just got out of home to get fresh airs." Oh, the lies that's been escaping through this lip.

He just nods and smiles. It's weird. There's no one in the park. How did he find me? Did he follow me from somewhere? I mean this place is far from work. Pretty far I'm sure. It's starting to creep me out now. "I think I should go back. I'll see you at work, Brad." I start to get up.

"How did you get out of that wood?" His questions just stop me. I turn to look at him, furrowing my brows. "I don't know what you are talking about, Brad?"

"I'm quite sure I left you deep into the woods. How did you manage to get out of there? Forget that. How did you even survive the woods all these years?" He's now looking at me with a grin on him face, expecting me to answer. He's crazy.

"I'm sorry Brad. I don't understand what you are asking for. Now if you don't mind, I need to leave." I stand up.

"Oh, I do mind though. Letting you go could get my head at risk of being disconnected from the rest of my body. And we both know what that can do to an immortal Lycan right?" How? "Lycans?"

"Let's not act now between the two of us. You clearly know what I'm talking about. I have been looking out for any moments in the woods you know just in case you survived, and you tried to leave." He pauses and folds his arms as he leans back on the bench. He looks at me quizzically. "How did you even survive that wood? Honestly, I just left you there for animals to do whatever they pleased with you. No offence. Although I was hired to kill you." He chuckles amused at himself.

"You know, being a soft hearted Lycan, I just couldn't kill a baby." He looks at his now stretched hands in front of him. He has this look on his face. A sadistic one. And I'm not liking it. Or the fact that he seems to know me before I arrived here. Or even before that.

"Do you know me? How do you know me?" I demand an answer as I stand straighter than before, fists clenched on my sides.

"Oh, sweet little princess, of course, I know you. I know a lot more about you than you think I do. Oh, I know all about you." He stands up now, taking one step towards me but I leap a few feet back and land on my fours, ready to attack.

He laughs loudly as if he's confident there is no one to hear him. It's true in fact. There is no one. The park itself looked barely touched by the human soul. He puts his arms up as if in surrender. But I know more than to believe his gestures.

"I'm sorry. Did I scare you?" His voice is mocking me. I snarl at him. "Oh, little princess. Even though you are not so little anymore." One hand gesture to me as his other arm is still held up. "You were never meant to come out of there, but you did. I vowed myself that if you did survive, I will kill you on sight soon as you stepped your foot off the woods, but you seem to have a company soon after, now haven't you? Now even more so."

He releases a sigh and puts his hands on his hips. "Out of all the Lycans out there, you had to meet them. You had to be with him, didn't you now? You can, of course. But you were not meant to, princess." When he sees confusion clouding my face, he chuckles. "I saw you with him outside the café, the other week. You two seemed quite...close I suppose."

"What do you want with me?" I snarled at him.

"To kill you of course. You see I have been patient so far with you. I have been keeping you right under my nose just so I can watch over you. And I almost let you go too. If only I didn't see you with him." He lets out another sigh as he looks at me.

"They will not let me go, if I let you live. Definitely not with him. If you continue to stay with them, they will eventually see you. And if they see you with him or anyone with him. They will finish you first then come for my neck next. But I doubt they will come for me if he was with another though. Hmm." He rubs his jaw with his forefinger and thumb as if he was having a dispute with himself.

"Who wants me dead? Why would anyone want me dead?" I ask through my confusion. This. All of this is not making sense. Whatever he is saying is not making sense.

The way he looks back at me, studying me as he folds his arms around his chest once again, it's like he's wondering whether to answer me. He then smiles a little as his dark eyes looks into my equally dark green ones now. "You look so much like her. That's why. One glimpse at you and they will know you. They will know who you are, and they will know what I have done. Or not done in this case."

"Sorry princess, but you got to die." I can smell him now. He's a Lycan too. A true Lycan. But how? Why was I not able to tell him apart? He has an evil grin on his face like he knows what I'm thinking.

"I can mask my scent like no other Lycan. That's my gift. Maybe that's why I was hired to do the job too. What's yours? Is it like mine? Because I definitely can't smell you. Or should I say, the Lycan in you."

"A Lycan? Me?" I whisper shocked. My body is stiff with the knowledge.

"Why do you seem so shocked, princess? Did you not know what you are? But you live amongst a house full of them, how come you never noticed?" He laughs evilly.

"Too late now." I growl at that. "I have got you surrounded, princess." Finally, I smelt many more like him. Like me. They were all around us, caging us. Or me. I know there was a lot more hidden within the trees, some visible some still hidden. I bent myself even lower on my fours. My defence mechanism kicking in. Oh, I was ready.

"Coward." I snarled. But he just laughs at me. "I would prefer the word smart though. I have lived for centuries and in those years, I have fought many wars. From that I have learnt never to underestimate a Lycan. No matter how weak they look. It's not pretty when they bite. And you my princess, are not weak."

"You got that right." I snarl once again.

He chuckles before his already dark eyes go even darker. "Be careful of this little princess, boys. She may look harmless, but she bites." Then I see those Lycans come out of the trees. In their Lycan form. Each of them looks equally strong and brutal. As my eyes scan around, I noticed two on either side and two on my back. He stood in front of me as another one joined him from the side. And I don't know how many more were hidden within. They were all huge with furs on their arms and other visible parts of their body except for parts of their faces. Their eyes were black and had veins popping out on their temples. Their mouth stretched and their sharp canines peeking through. All the bones on their long fingers were very visible with sharp talon like claw.

Oh, mother of Ravens, they really meant to kill me.