Raven - The Beginning Of The End

As a Lycan moved towards him, with its extended claws and razor canines, the earth beneath him opens up and he falls into the pit of hell.

Loud gasps surrounds the hall. "What the f*** is happening here?" He yells angrily moving forward, dragging my mothers' weak body along with him.

The vines then start growing from the cracked marble flooring and wraps itself around the Lycans that held my friend's captive. That held Lucas. It coils around their legs and twists around their body to their neck. They struggle to get free but in vain. The sharp thorns extends from the vines piercing their body. The night now filled with their cries. Until their neck's snaps with a loud satisfying pop.

I know my face doesn't look pretty anymore as I too hold a smile equally as evil as him. I was becoming more of an animal. I was enjoying this too much. This was what I was afraid of before. I did not want to be a monster. But the situation turned me into this hideous beast that I always denied being.

They now lay on the floor with their lifeless body still tightly wrapped by vines. Ten dead Lycans. Hundreds more to go.

"Come on out, my sweet little niece. My dear sister wants to see your face just before she dies." He tries luring me out. Mocking me. But I would be a fool to take a bait now. I know he would never kill her before he kills me. He wants to see them lose their hope. He wants to enjoy, people's despair. He wants to see the end of the era. And I was not going to satisfy him.

With an evil grin on his face, he slowly extends his arm forward while the other is still tightly wrapped around my mothers' neck. Slowly flames start to blaze on his hand.

Fire.

His gift was fire. And right now, he was pointing it towards the people right below the podium. My friends. Lucas. Who barely stood up right now.

No.

"Come on out now." He sings out as chills run over my body. He dares me to show up. To save them. "I see you really don't care about these insignificant lives now do you?" His heinous laughter echoes through the night once again. "Afterall, you are my blood too."

Never.

I see the fire now extending from his hand and towards them. Then the time sopped. No. This is not the end. This is the beginning of the end. 

I looked down at my hands, my palms flat on the ground. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply before I opened them to the shaking ground. I felt it vibrate underneath my palms, my body as I lay flat on my front.

The ground in front of me shifted and rippled away in waves just like the ocean. The waves travelled towards the palace, shattering its windows and almost knocking its walls. And it raised just as the time commenced once more. The angry flames roared forward only to be hit by the wall that the earth created.

Slowly, the ground around them raised higher, making the Lycans step back. The earth encased them, containing the people that I love inside it. Protecting them. Holding them safe.

A perfect shield.

Now I was ready for the final battle. I felt my eyes glazing bright as I start to slowly crawl out the ground. Like the undead. Tattered dress. Dishevelled look. Covered in blood. I was the perfect character to portray the devil himself.

As I stood my ground, I felt his eyes on me. I had unmasked everything now. My strong hunger for blood. His blood.

"Finally." He roars.

"Finish her." And it begins. Hundreds of Lycans surges my way.

I felt Agnes taking over as I grew taller, fiercer. This felt so right as I once again hunched back on the ground, baring my sharp canines at them. Waiting for them to come to me. For a hunter never makes the first move.

I felt these Lycans tearing my skin. Ripping my dress further. But I don't stop. I bite their heads off, tearing it apart. Male or females alike. The metallic taste takes over my senses, but it doesn't satisfy my hunger for blood. I want more. I want his blood.

Piles after piles of bodies decorates the ground around me. Probably a hundred bodies lie dead but hundreds more still fill the land around me. In front of me.

Blood drips down my face. My whole body is now covered in blood. Theirs. My own. I know I don't have much time but so do they. No matter how strong the herb was. Its effect will eventually fade. I need to buy time. My body is weak and tired, but my brain is pumping adrenaline throughout my weak body.

I'm not backing out. I never back out. Flight or fight was never an option for me. I fight. Always.

The dark night was coming to an end. The sun was trying to peak through the dark sky, slightly lightening it up as I stood with a Lycan in front of me. My mouth clamped tight on its neck, biting hard, blood pooling down. His painful growl echoed the beginning of the dawn. I held my canines deep as I pulled the flesh off his neck, while pulling his head off his body with my hands.

I let go of him and watch his body slowly fall on top of another dead Lycan. I tossed his head on the ground that had many others lying around. Blood was soaking my dress. Fresh blood dripped down my body as I stood victoriously in the battlefield. Hundreds and hundreds of dead Lycans beneath my feet. I was the only survivor. Like always.

My breath heavy. My eyes blazing like the fire in his hands. My body fooled by my own brain. No, I was strong. I want more. I want his blood.

I looked his way to see him falter. Just a little. Before he managed to conceal his fear. But I could smell it. He now feared me.

"Hurry up and finish her." He roared the command angrily to the last few Lycans left who were now in front of him. I leapt into the hall through the broken window, standing directly below the podium in front of the wall that I created. They were safe.

I snarled at him as I bent low. The three that stood in front of him jumped down to stand head to head with me. Two others held my father captive. Then there stood him. George. And his mate now, behind him. Her face terrified.

The Lycan on my right came forward. His eyes dark like his fur. He was the biggest of them all. He was the biggest that I had faced so far. Even though I stood taller than him in my Lycan form, he was packed with layers and layers of muscle. A perfect killing machine. But I was a hunter myself.

As he was about to lunge at me, the guy at the back stopped him. "Josh." His voice sounded gruesome although he was quite lean compared to him. He stepped forward as Josh moved slightly to give him way.

Then his eyes looked me. Into my soul. I felt as if he was draining my energy. Well whatever that was left of it. I was losing Agnes as I started to shift back into my human form. Slowly. What is going on? It's like he's sucking my Lycan out of me. I can't feel Agnes anymore.

I slumped to the ground as all the adrenaline from before had died out. I was once again a weak feeble human. My breathing got heavier and raspier as I felt my body's tiredness taking its effect into my brain too. No.

The Lycan stepped back again with an evil grin. "You can't feel your Lycan anymore can you?" George questions knowing that I can't. "See. It's Ryan's gift. It's like the herb but it only works on one at a time. And it's not like we need to take down any other though." Then he laughs atrociously, making me clench my fists that lay on the marble floor. "We don't have much time now. Kill her." He hisses a command.

I see Josh take slow heavy steps towards me, followed by the two others behind him. I place my palms flat on the floor, feeling the earth subtly vibrate underneath. Then I turned my face to the ground as I calmed my breathing.

And I waited.