Raven's First Memory

A persona of power itself. A godly presence surrounds him. His blue eyes so light that it shines silver, piercing through the dark night. His golden blond hair, few shades lighter than Eliana who was beside him, shined equally. The scent of the ocean surrounds him and now once again invades my senses. Even when there were others around, the only scent I filled my lungs with was his.

Perfectly arched brows, a tall nose and slightly pink lips shadowed by the night, with a strong jawline. His body ripped with muscles. However, lean his muscles were, it did nothing but make him look huge. He was as tall as Elias, maybe even more. I don't know.

His white t-shirt hugged tightly to his body while his long strong legs hidden in his dark jeans with the night itself. I saw the power, the confidence, he walked with. Like he owned the very earth he walked on. Yet another Lycan. I know I should be scared. But I'm not.

As the distance between us closes, the air around us is charged. Or is it just me? I'm compelled to look up at him at this closeness. They are all tall. Very tall. His silver eyes were reading me, trying to understand me. But his calculating eyes leaves mine just as soon as it falls on mine.

I'm startled. I look down then up to Eliana who has a concerned look on her face. "Are you okay now?"

"Of course, remember I'm a beast." I smile at her. She smiles softly back at me and taps my head. "How can I forget that, you little beast?"

Then she looks to her side at him. "Lucas, meet Amara. Amara meet my cousin, Lucas." She looks back at me. I held out my hand for him. "I have heard a lot about you. It's nice to finally meet you." I manage to say.

He looks at me then my outstretched hand. Then like he's complied; he takes out his big hand to hold my little one. The moment his skin touches my hand, I felt the current tingling my palms which made me fling my hand away from his. "Wow. I seem to have forgotten what time it is. We need to go to campus early tomorrow morning. I'm going to bed now." I start mumbling.

"Little beast, tomorrow is Saturday. You really need to quit I guess." Her voice is amused so are her blue eyes. "I meant work. Yeah, I need to work. I like campus. I'm going to campus. I'm not quitting. I'm really tired. Good night." I shout behind me as I speed walk my way into the house and jog up the stairs into my room.

Now I'm in the shower. A very cold one. It makes my skin numb to any feelings. My heart freezes as does my brain. I stand in the shower, with my eyes closed. Years seemed to have passed but I know it's only been a few minutes. I literally cannot feel my body.

I open my eyes and look at my fingers that the started to wrinkle, like life was being sucked out of them. I turned the shower off and walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around me. As soon as I enter the bedroom, I hear it. The sound of rain hitting harshly on the roof of the glass covered mansion. Then the soft sound echoed further as it fell on the land outside.

My body took over my mind. I dropped the towel and pulled the black t-shirt lying by the bed that I had worn earlier that day. It was the closest piece of clothing in my line of vision. I didn't care.

I opened my bedroom door and lightly flew my way down to the back door leading to the woods. My bare legs hit the cold marvel floor, but I didn't mind.

As I twisted the doorknob, pulling the door wide open, yet another cold wind hits my face. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I loved this smell. The smell of rain as it battles with the thick bundles of leaves to make its way down to hit the ground. Filling the once dry land with its presence. It called my soul.

I let go of the knob and place one foot outside. The cemented floor hard under my foot. I don't know if I closed the door, but I made my way further and further away from the house.

Finally, the rain hit me on the face as my feet stepped on the wet grassland. I lifted my face up to the sky. My arms lifted to my sides and eyes closed. I let the rain do its wonder to my body. It tickled and played along as it glided down my body. I was now completely soaked. A smile plastered on my face.

I stood there for a while. When I finally opened my eyes to look at the woods, it was like I heard it. It was calling me to take a shelter that it provided, under its roof. I responded it's calling as my feet moved on its own. It went towards the woods then went further into the deeper and darker part.

The branches and the leaves moved around me gently to shelter me from the rain. But I didn't mind it. The rain. I welcomed it. Then I get go.

The thing that I was hiding myself from. I unmasked myself. I felt Agnes. I felt free. The trees seemed to flutter its leaves around me just like a butterfly. It welcomed me just as I welcomed it.

Then I found my peace. The ground beneath me covered by moss, vines and all kinds of plant. At last. I lay on my side and curled my body inwards as my arms wrapped around me. The smile still tugging my lips.

The vines ever so slightly started to ravel around me. The plants grew over and around me. It masked my scent once again before I concealed it within me and hid it from the world. Hid myself from the world.

I was at bliss. I closed my eyes as the green completely covered my eyes, my nose, all of my body. But not before I got a whiff of that smell. The addictive smell of the ocean. So sweet and mouth-watering. It made me hungry.

But this time, I didn't feel the need to starve my lungs. No. Instead, I filled it with the scent before the earth swallowed me and all I could smell was the fresh earth now surrounded me.

I was where I belong. My first ever memory of me was opening my eyes from within the earth as it unravelled me to the world outside. I was born out of the earth. I was one with the earth. This is where Raven truly belonged. Raven was home.