Raven Ready To Fly

I woke up to a delicious smell of pancake. But what made me more delighted was that I felt her presence. The sweet of jasmine and lotus filled the whole room. I sprinted out of my bed and ran out the door to Aya. I hugged her from the back as I didn't give her any time to react.

I inhaled her smell. It made my lip curl up in a smile and eyes filled with tears but I refused to shed. "Oh sister, I missed you so much." I whisper on her back. She puts her hand on mine and squeezes it tightly before she makes me release my hold on her. She turns around and looks down at me as I am still hanging onto her. My chin rested on her chest as I looked up to her with a grin on my face.

"Look at all these cute cheeks you have lost. You need to eat more." She pinches both my cheeks and smiles at me. "Sit down. I'll serve you some pancakes." Then she turns around to make the last batch of pancake. But me being me, still hang around her. Once again hugging her from the back.

We sit down on the sofa and eat the pancake together. She force feeds me to finish all that she had filled up in my plate. But unlike last night, I quite enjoy being force fed by Aya right now and I happily finish everything. Even though my stomach is saying otherwise.

Since Aya had already washed up, I take a quick shower before we both get ready. As I fumble my bag, trying to decide what t-shirt I should go for, Aya holds out a hand with clothes in it. "Please wear these." She begs. "I swear, it will look so good on you. And I got a matching one for myself too." She points to the clothes sprawled on her bed.

"Why did you spend your money on me, sis? You didn't have to get me anything." I tell her but snatch the clothes from her hand regardless. While I focused myself on giving her a stern look, Aya heads back to her bed as sweet laughter fills the room. I missed this. I fail and smile brightly instead.

She had bought a baggy white crop top for me but long enough to cover any skin that might peek through the high waisted light washed denim shorts. The short was long enough to cover my bottom but my legs were very bare. Like totally. With a simple white toe post sandal, my look was complete. While she had a square neck white cami with the same denim shorts. She also wore a similar style sandal but was nude. Every bit of her body screamed perfection. She looked better than those models that I saw on magazines in the café.

We both let our hair loose. We put some cash and the apartment keys, her in her small cross body bag while I squashed it in my pocket. I was not going to carry anything around today. Then we both left the house. Together. With big smile on her face. But a bigger grin on mine.

We walked the fifteen minutes road towards the ocean. She filled me in on her job as I did on mine. I told her about Emily. I knew she would love her too. Then I told her of Oliver. She believes that the guy fancies me. But I doubt it. I have been looking grim to work since I started. I doubt anyone fancies me.

I couldn't stop the smile on my face. It was like someone pulled my lips to either side, glued it and left it to dry. When we reached the sand covered ground, we both took off our sandals before we stepped in. The feel of the sand underneath my feet felt foreign. It tickled me and every step that I took, my feet sinked in the golden sand. It made giggles erupt from our chest as Aya too was experiencing the same feelings.

We held our hand tightly as we walk through the warm golden sand. Then we stopped just where the waves hit the land. The cool breeze blowing both our hairs back. A contrast of blonde and black. We giggled and laughed a lot as the cold ocean lightly brushed against our feet.

I was laughing hysterically, enjoying this feeling. My promise to the ocean was kept as we took bigger steps toward the ocean. The waves now lightly brushing against my thigh while it barely reached above Aya's knees. I sprawled water over her. She looked at me shocked. Her mouth wide open.

"Oh, you are so getting thrown into the ocean now." She yells as she sees me running away from her. "No, you are not." I yell back at her as I keep running ahead. "Catch me if you can." I laugh and turn back to see Aya closing on me. Oh boy. Did I just awaken a monster inside her?

But she's laughing herself as she's chasing me. I haven't felt this happy for a while. I forget everything as I live this moment. Flashes of us running through the woods, fills my eyes. It's like I'm reliving a moment in my life. But that was where we let ourselves free. This is where we act to be normal because the world is watching.

Then I felt their presence which makes stop abruptly on my feet. Aya senses my distress and she herself comes to me and stops. Her body now tense and rigid. My eyes scan the crowd as hers follows.

Then I see a pair of blue eyes so familiar yet so different. But this pair belonged to a man which had a raw hunger as if he was watching his prey waiting to hunt it down.

If not for the hunger in his eyes, I would have said he was a very good-looking man. Or in his case a good looking Lycan. Yes, I can smell him. He kind of smells like her. As he stood by the cemented pavement by the beach, his golden hair shine in the sun while his jaw was clenched tight. You could see his well-built body that was showcasing itself through his skin tight white t-shirt. Even in this distance I knew that he was almost a foot taller than me. Maybe 6"7. I don't know.

I shifted so my body was blocking Aya's. He arched his perfectly shaped eyebrow as if he was daring me to stop him. I sensed hunger in his eyes as much or more than I saw it. My body was all defensive now. I was ready for a battle if it came to one.

But his eyes never once left the ones behind me. Aya. She stood frozen in shock as she held his eyes. Her eyes and lips both wide. "I finally found you." His whispers are carried by the wind. As if her eyes wouldn't have opened wider, it did.

He takes a few steps our way. His eyes start to soften as he comes closer. The wind blows and he stops in his way. He closes his sky-blue eyes and takes a lungful of breath before he opens them back up. They are now a few shades darker, like the sky when the sun goes beyond the horizon.

He continued to take more steps, but I held my ground. I had a feeling that he didn't mean no harm. But why? I had no idea. "Stop." I held my hand out, palm facing his way. He stops finally. He then smells the air around me and his eyes try to read me, but he most probably failed to do so. I hold his stare. I think it was meant to force me into submission because I sensed this energy buzzing off him. And I know it was only meant for me.

But I felt nothing. Not even a light shock I might feel from all this energy zapping at me. Forcing me to submit to his Lycan. His was a very powerful one but I stood tall in my short body, defying his command. A Raven ready to fly.