Raven's Friends

Three sets of eyes are on me now. Two trying to understand me while the other glaring holes in my head. "I mean... err... I could always smell her scent?" Wait. What? Raven, stop.

Aya let out a deep breath and started to nod her head her, telling me that it's time. I mean they are our family now. I nod my head at her as the siblings look at the interaction between us. Aya holds her hand out from across the table for me to take it. She squeezes my hand tightly as she puts our hand on the table between us. Her light brown eyes on my forest green ones.

"I met Aya when I was eight. I found her in the deepest part of the woods. I don't know how I stumble upon that part myself. But I'm glad I did." A small smile forms on her tight lips.

"Even we both don't know what she is. She's like you but different. She's my sister. That's all I know. That's all that matters." A nod my head at her as my face mirrors her. She squeezes my hand tightly before she lets it go. She exhales a deep breath. "Can we talk about this when we get home? I don't want to you know." She looks down at her fingers as she plays with them.

Elias takes her hand in his and lightly pats it with his other. "Of course, love."

"So, tell me, what do I smell like then?" Eliana takes a 360 degree on the topic. So, we are back to where we left it. "Hmm. Let's see. One of the reasons that I can smell Aya very well is because she smells like nature, like flowers. But you on the other hand smell like...fire?"

Eliana raises one of her brows as Elias turns to look at his sister than back at me, excitement in his eyes for what I'm about to disclose. He too had his eyebrows raised, asking me to elaborate. "Umm, you are very difficult. Because every time I try to figure out your smell, everything smells... burnt? Yep. That's it. Burnt. Like there's fire surrounding you and every step you take, you are burning everything in your path. But do you?"

"Wicked." Elias laughs as he wraps his shoulder around confused looking Aya. "I haven't heard anyone describe her scent...quiet like that." He turns his head to Aya and lands a light kiss on her head. I'm telling you he's giant. Like the king of giants. He makes Aya, my giant sister, look smaller. Lycans.

"Would you be so kind to tell me what my big brother here, smells like then?" Eliana questions. "He's a difficult one too. He smells like nothing." Eliana bursts out laughing now. She couldn't hold it anymore. While Aya softly chuckles from his chest where she hides herself.

"Feel free to elaborate, little Amara." He still looks amused. I shrug my shoulders and look at him, my brows almost meeting at the centre. "You smell like everything. Yet you smell like nothing at all. It's like there's this air around you that carries every scent towards you at the same time, takes every scent away from you. I don't know why you guys smell like that. Maybe there's something wrong with my sense."

I rub my nose with the side of my index finger. "Maybe. But maybe, you are not smelling us with your nose. Maybe it's not our scent that you smell." I am clearly confused.

"Maybe you make sense. Maybe you don't. You confuse my soul, sister." I look accusingly at Eliana who has a teasing smile playing across her lips. The sound of the bell hits my ears. "Not again. Please tell me one of you is with me on my next class." I groan and put my head back on the table.

The three of them laughs and gets off the bench. "Sorry, little beast. You look too young to be studying with any of us. Maybe when you grow up a little more, you can join us." I am so going to kill Eliana one day.

I grab my bag and stomp my way to the next class. "Giants." I murmur and a grunts and coughs follow by as they are clearly holding back their laughter.

When I enter the classroom, everyone is already in expect the professor. They are bluntly staring at me as I walk in. "Amara." A cheerful voice that I very much recognize calls me from the back of the room. My eyes scan her and the blonde hair boy next to her. She waves her hand for me join an empty seat beside her as Oliver sits on her other side.

I know I'm stupidly grinning now. What can I say? I'm happy now. The goddess has sent me a saviour. She might not hate me as much. As soon as I take my seat, a younger looking female professor walks through. Oh, the irony. The goddess doesn't want me to quit either, it seems.

"When did you join our campus?" she whispers. "Today's my first day" I whisper back. "How come you are not working at the café anymore?" I lean back on my seat but move closer to Emily. "I totally forgot to inform Brad. I better go there after school today." I reply back.

"I'll come with you." She whispers more excitedly. Then she turns to Oliver and starts whispering. "Oli, Amara and I are going to the café after class. Do you want to come too? I know you would love to." Oliver nudges at Emily's side as she retreats back to her seat.

"Oliver says he's coming too." Emily whispers. As if I already didn't hear their whispers, I nod my head. My look at the front and get lost in my head. This thing is so not for me.

Finally, it's over. "Amara let's go. We can catch a ride with Oli here." She says cheerfully as she grabs her bags and heads out of the room. I look at Oliver who looks at me and scratches the back of his head. I shake my shake and smile as I follow Emily.

When we walk out of the building, I see Aya and the siblings waiting for me by their car next to one another. The three of them stands there as if trying to advertise their car. Well, if anyone can look past their beauty then sure.

"Wait for me." That seems to stop Emily from saying anything more about Oliver. I don't want to listen anymore. I jog towards them. "You seem to have found human your size, little beast." Eliana is definitely amused as she looks from Emily to me. "And who's the lover boy?"

"That's Oliver right there and Emily. Wait, what?" What did she just say? "What did you just say? Lover boy? Who? Whose?" They are all definitely laughing as they cough and grunt. Oh boy. What am I going to do with these lot?

"Never mind. I'm heading to the café with them. I'll try and see if he will take me back to work."

"You don't have to work anymore." This time it's Elias. "Oh, my sweet big brother, don't worry about it. I can handle a little tough life. And I'm not even sure, if Brad will even take me back." Eliana chuckles.

"Do you want me to come and get you later?" she asks. But I shake my head. "I'm not coming back tonight. I'm going back to the apartment and settle things there." Aya gives me a warning look. "Oh, don't worry sister. I'm not trying to run. I'll get a few things and sort out the mess and I'll meet you back here tomorrow. Anyways, you have these two Lycans to hunt me down if I ever try to run, that is." They are smiling along with Aya.

I move closer to Aya and pull her hand to make her bend down, before I sniffed and whisper in her ear. "I felt a change in Xena too. I don't want three scary Lycans after me now. Do I?" I let go of her hand and jog back to where Emily and Oliver stood with their jaws hanging low.

Ravens. Oh Ravens.