Raven's First Day

We have already spent more than three hours here. But apparently Eliana is not done. The clothes that I got for myself, that she bought might I add, were all picked up by her. But I did manage to sneak a few baggy tops and joggers that I love so much here and there. Since, Aya is not here with us, we bought her a lot of clothes as well.

Eliana got me a ton of swimsuit which were quite revealing and anyways I might not even need that many. While I went for plain undergarments, she got me a ton of lingerie after finding out my size. They were mostly lacy and very sexy. She got me a whole bunch of styles and colours. It's not like I'm trying to seduce anyone with those. But when I think about it, I don't mind you know. A girl can feel sexy underneath.

After pilling up the car with shopping bags, we head home. Home. A smile takes place on my face at the thought. "So, when are we starting?" I casually ask her as I try to figure out how she makes this thing move perfectly. "If you mean the classes, whenever you feel like it, let me know and we'll start right away." She smiles but her eyes are still on the road ahead. "We can start as early as tomorrow."

"What? How? Okay, don't answer. I think I know." I talk to myself and turn to face the road as well. "Should we?" I ask as a grin appears on my lips. "Then we shall."

"This is so exciting. It's like I'm going back to the jungle with a lot of animals. All different kinds. Except, it's a campus and they are humans. Werewolves too. And Lycan of course." I turn towards Eliana as she's having a laughing fit.

"Your brain doesn't work normal. Like ever." We have already crossed the gate and now arrived in front of the house. She stops the car and turns to look at me with a questioning smile. "You are a human going in the midst of humans. Why do you talk as if you are not? Tell me Amara, if not a human then what are you?"

Her blue eyes flicker between my green ones. "I'm trying really hard to figure you out, but I just cannot." She comes closer to me and sniffs. "Your smell is very peculiar unlike humans. You do smell a lot like the fresh morning woods. But I get nothing more."

She leans back on her seat, but her eyes are very much on me. "You are definitely not a werewolf. No matter how hard a werewolf tries to mask itself, I can smell them from miles away. You don't seem to be one of us too. A Lycan would never be able to deny a call from a true Lycan and that of a higher rank too. I tried it on you that day. I called out to you. But I got nothing."

Her eyes are reading me again. Or trying to. "Tell me little beast. If you are none of them, what are you? What are you hiding behind that wall that I cannot seem to cross over?"

I grin at her. "You know it. I'm a scary beast."

Something flickers in her eyes, but it passes quickly, and she laughs. "You are impossible to break. Indeed, you are a scary little beast. I don't want to know how crazier a scary little beast can get now, do I?"

She gets out of the car and I run after her with a smile.

As we discussed, Eliana and I will be going to campus from today onwards. After having yet another delicious breakfast prepared by Sam, we sit back in Eliana's white Porsche. These people have a collection of them to which I am starting to learn their names. Baby steps. I'll get there one day.

"Why have I not seen Aya or Elias since yesterday?" I am really curious now, but Eliana flashes a wicked grin. "It's hard to separate a newly found mate and even impossible when they just mate. You'll know one day."

I huff. "No, I won't."

"What's with the choice of your clothing? Are you trying to ward off the male population?" she asks, quickly changing the topic. "Hey, I love my new t-shirt." I do. I just bought them yesterday. It's grey, vintage t-shirt with 'of guns and roses' printed across. It goes a little long on me, past my mid-thigh. And I'm wearing a tight legging that cuts right above my ankle with a white Nike trainer that I also got yesterday.

While my wavy hair is tied in a messy bun. I tried and I failed to do it neatly so, here we are. Eliana, on the driving seat, looks as a much of a goddess now as any other day. She's wearing a spaghetti strap white crop top with a black and white checked straight trouser that ends right above her ankle. She has a white sandal with a bit of heels, making her even taller. Unreachable. Literally.

"What happened to all those clothes that I got for you? At least wear them sometime." She says more to herself than to me. "I will. I promise. I love the clothes that you bought for me. Like all of them. I really love it." I grin at her. "Okay then. Why don't you wear a choice of my clothing tomorrow? I will pick a really nice outfit for you. I promise." Now it was her turn to grin while I sat there, horrified. What have I gotten myself into?

"You can wear all your other clothing..." she eyes my clothes that I'm currently wearing. "at home?" I give her a glare to that. "I always wanted to dress up my sister, if I had one. But unfortunately, I don't have one and it feels like you are that sister that I never had." I know what she's trying to do here. "Okay, fine." I shout before she gets any deeper in her drama that I know I'll eventually fall into.

"Oh, little beast, I will take you shopping everyday now that you agreed to this. Don't worry I'll buy you plenty of your choices as well that you are of course, going to wear at home." She adds while I just huff. Unbelievable.

"Good luck, little beast, I will see you at lunch. Don't worry, I'll find you." She says as we both get off the car. I give her a look. Wait. Is she just leaving me here? I watch her back as she elegantly walks away after handing me my timetable. I briefly scan it and push it into the shoulder bag that I bought yesterday too, of course, Eliana chose it for me, like many other. I then head off to find the classroom.

Should I describe how boring the classes were? Just two classes had gone by and I felt like a lifetime had passed by. My classes were filled with humans and I found it quite uncomfortable to mix with them. Their stares didn't help much in making any friends now did they. So, I sit back on my chair as I stare blankly at the projector, having no idea what the old looking man at the front of the class was talking about.

And here I thought, I was going to enjoy this. If only I had a friend with me. Why am I and Eliana not together anyways? I thought that with all the connections she had, I was going to have all my classes with her. Oh, how I hate this.

By lunch, I was near death. I am now randomly walking in the hallways filled with humans and a few werewolves, here and there. "I see, you enjoyed your classes so far." Eliana says as she walks beside me and I jump back, shocked. I totally did not feel her presence. Yep, those classes definitely killed whatever senses I had.

"Eliana." I jump at her after I recovered. "I have never been so happy to see you. Ever. Maybe I have. I don't know. Whatever." I hug her sideways as we keep walking. Now, I'm going wherever she is. She has a small smile playing on her lips, but she doesn't laugh like she normally does when we are by ourselves.

"Those white haired mans with glasses just fried my brains. No offense to anyone. But I have no idea what they were talking about. I thought I was going to have a panic attack. If I see one more them, I quit. Seriously." I slump my body over her shoulder while she clears her throat to stop her laughter.

We reach the cafeteria. This place smelled delicious might I say. I was hanging on to Eliana's arm now as she made her way to get food. She bought a lot of them and paid for it. She carried the tray and me who was hanging onto her, outside. We sat on a bench at the very far end, just before the tree lines started.

I finally let go of her and now rested my head on the table, staring at the food. "I'm hungry. But I'm too tired to eat." I whisper. Then I groan and start taking the chips from the tray and eat a mouthful.

Eliana is sat across me, looking very much amused with arms folded. "I thought you were too tired." She finally says. Now I'm up and gobbling on the burger that she bought. "I need to feel alive after all that. How do you do this? I think I'm giving up the idea of going to campus now." I'm talking to myself.

Then I smell it. Familiar yet so different. The scent fills the air as I turn around to meet the two beautiful couple, heading our way hand in hand. Just as they take a seat beside Eliana, I look at Aya, curiosity and confusion clear on my face.

"You don't smell like jasmine and lotus anymore. You do smell like jasmine but there's something..." I stop. Oh Raven. Here we again. You and your big mouth.