Chapter 1

"Wei Ying! Listen to me.", a strong voice was chasing after the love of his life. Wei Ying stopped on the spot and spat,"I'm not listening to any lame excuse of yours, Lan Zhan. You didn't come and even didn't care to tell me. What am I to you? A joke?"
This was not the first time their friends saw them argue like that. Basically it's always been Wei Ying the one who threw tantrums. Lan Zhan always listen to him and tried his best to make Wei Ying happy. Lan Zhan is a big introvert that he can't express himself. Wei Ying accepted him along with his every flaws but they didn't know that why they were growing apart. There was a huge distance between them, though they were walking side by side but still their hearts were not connected anymore. Both of them were accusing each other but not clearing up things by talking.
   Wen Qing tried to reason Wei Ying,"A-Ying! Listen to him first. Though Wangji hates parties but he attends every single one of them arranged by your family. Maybe he was really entangled in some important work." Wei Ying shouted," I don't care. I can't tolerate his attitude anymore." Jiang Cheng was not at all happy with his brother's behavior. Jiang Cheng was in love with Lan
Zhan's big brother Lan Huan. He confessed his feelings to Huan a week ago but didn't get any response. For this whole week both Lan brothers were missing.
   "What do you want to say, huh? That you were not feeling well or you forgot. I know that we have completed our school life and going to be college students but still Lan Zhan why I can't feel connected with you anymore?" Wei Ying was trembling,"Why? Why I'm not important to you anymore? Why are you treating me like a piece of shit? Lan Zhan why?" Wei Ying was so mad that without his realization he grabbed Lan Zhan's collar and making a scene infront of their friends.
   But suddenly all of them heard a rageful voice,"Wei Wuxian!" Every one turned towards the voice and with everyone's shock they saw Lan Huan was there. He came hurriedly and pushed Wei Ying away,"He is treating you as a piece of shit? It's you who has always been treating him like shit. You have taken my brother for granted. Do you even know what he was doing last week? He lo..." Lan Zhan stopped his brother,"Xichen! Please don't, don't." But this Xichen didn't stop, he continued,"Not only he, both of us lost our father. We were having the funeral at London. That's why we couldn't contact anyone because Wangji wanted to complete everything fast so that he can come back to you. He told me that he has lost his parents but he doesn't want to lose me and you. I'm really disappointed in Wangji that he gave his heart to a person like you."
   Everyone knew that Xichen loves his brother more than anything but still they were shocked to see angry Xichen. To ease the situation Jin Rulan(Wei Ying's friend) asked,"Xichen ge! Why are you here?" Xichen composed himself,"I came here to talk to the headmistress. I wanted some of good character certificates and references from her." Rulan asked,"Why? You are already a 2nd year college student. Why you need those now?" Xichen sighed, "Now father is gone so both of us have to take care of our company. Uncle has his own things to do. So he would be able to take care of of our business for maximum 3 years. So I have to complete my studies with excellence. After all GusuLan Industry is based on both Commercial business and Arts business. We have to increase the quality and everything. So I need to go to London and study. It would be better if Wangji companies me and complete his study there after all its his business too. But he wants to stay here for Wei... "
Again Xichen got interrupted by Wangji,"Gege! I'm going with you too. Let's go to the principal and collect my certificates too." Everyone could sensed Wangji's cold attitude. Wei Ying mocked,"OK! Great! Good! Go! Don't ever come back here! We are finished Lan Wangji. We are finished!" Everyone gasped. Jiang Cheng shouted,"What are you doing? Why are you breaking up with him? He needs to success his company diligently that's why he is going to London with his brother. Why are you making the situation worse? He didn't break up with you, never said anything like that but what have gotten into you?" Wei Ying laughed eerily,"If he told me he wanted to go to London to help Xichen, I'd never say no to him but again he didn't consider to tell me first. Why? As if I don't exist in his life? Why he always treated me like an invisible person?"
   Wangji's expressionless cold face grew colder but didn't say anything. This time Jin Guangyao opened up, "If he treated you like invisible person then he would have never attended your family parties. Though crowded places are torture for him but still he took you to several places to date suggested by you. If he really thought about himself and his family then he should have shifted to London to his father. We have already known that his father was seriously suffering from an incurable illness but he didn't. Even still now he hadn't any plans for foreign colleges but he have to go to support his business and Xichen. But still you are yelling at him."
   Guangyao was Xichen's best friend. They shared everything of their lives. Wei Ying said calmly,"Lan Wangji I am making you free. Feel free to go anywhere you want. I don't want to be with you anymore. After all for all those years I was just killing my time, playing with your feelings. Today was supposed to be our so called 3rd anniversary and I'm giving you the best gift. Freeing you from my cage. Bye." Wangji didn't say anything except, "Take care. Wish you luck for the future." But inside his head the warnings about Wei Ying were going on again and again, a certain someone had already warned Wangji that Wei Ying was just playing with him, for money and fame but Wangji didn't listen to the person but declared with confidence that they would be together till the end of the times. Wangji turned around and went to the principal's office to collect important things. That night from all friends groups on social media, Lan Zhan and Wei Ying erased themselves. Two days later Xichen texted in the group,"Tomorrow we are going for London. At 9.30 PM we are going to reach airport, if anyone wants to meet us then let's meet there."
   The very next day at 9.30 PM, everyone went to the airport except Wei Ying. Though he didn't come but still his brother Jiang Cheng, sister Yanli went to meet the Lan brothers. Everyone was wishing them luck and giving them advices. Suddenly Mingjue asked, "Xichen! When are you going to come back?" Xichen smiled, "Three years later." Huaisang smiled,"Then Wangji probably coming back after five years. Right?" Wangji said calmly, "I'm not coming back. I'll settle there for good." Everyone understood there was no way left for further argument after Wei Ying said him not to come back again.
Jiang Cheng was not in a place to ask Xichen about them though he knew that if his brother didn't screw up things then Xichen would accept him. With his surprise Xichen was infront of him. Xichen said with a stern face,"Sorry. Wanyin I can't accept you. After everything happens to my didi, I can't accept you. Take care of yourself."
   After half an hour or so the Lan brothers entered the airport. Their friends left with a heavy heart. They knew though Xichen would be back but not Wangji. He is broken. No one can fix him, just no one.

   With the ring of alarm clock Lan Zhan woke up and went to the washroom to get fresh. Xichen had already prepared breakfast for them when Wangji went to eat. Wangji sighed,"It's been four years. When are you going back to China? Uncle is getting restless. He wants to come back to London." Xichen smiled,"In a month I'll get the certificates and I'll be back to China by next month. I'm really missing our home. Wangji let's come back with me." Wangji eyed his brother, "Xichen! I'm a second year university student. I have to complete my studies. And I told you already. I'm not going back." Xichen looked worried,"When I'm not around, what will you do?" Wangji smiled a little,"I have those two juniors Sizhui and Jingyi. They will keep me company."
   Xichen went to the University with Wangji and mate with Sizhui and Jingyi at the entrance. They saw a group was picking on them as they were first years in the university. Before Xichen could do anything Wangji went to the group and said,"They are my juniors." With that everyone ran away from the spot. Sizhui was glad,"Thank you Lan Zhan." Jingyi beamed to see Xichen,"Big brother. Good morning." Xichen laughed,"Good morning. By the way you two have to do me a favor." Jingyi asked on their way to the building,"What is it?"
   They went to the cafeteria and settled down. Xichen smiled,"I am going back to China. Please look after Wangji. Though there is nothing to look after. I just want you two to keep him company." Sizhui nodded, "Don't worry big brother. We will keep Lan Zhan company." Xichen sighed,"I have another favor to ask. If you don't mind will you two like to shift in our house?" Sizhui's eyes widened to remember the Lan residence in London. It's biggggggg. Before Sizhui could react Jingyi stated,"We have no problem if Wangji is okay with it." Wangji nodded to his brother in affirmation.
   In a month Xichen was in China and took over both companies though the arts company was supposed to be managed by Wangji but he had nothing to do with the situation. Their uncle Qiren after knowing everything he promised that until Wangji wasn't going to be able to take over the company he would give advices from London. He had to go back to London to manage his own business. Xichen texted in the friends group after a week,"I'm back. Tomorrow is my first day as the CEO of both companies. Let's have a dinner tomorrow night. At 'Amor' restaurant. Let's meet there at 7 PM."