Chapter 8

Xichen didn't say anything to Wangji about their uncle's phone call or about Wen siblings joined the plan. He instructed Jingyi to tell everything to Sizhui but made sure that Wangji couldn't get hold of the plan. Xichen knew if Wangji got to know what was exactly going on in the head of Wen Qing then he would get soft hearted again and that plan would go down in the Atlantic. Like a normal morning four of them sat in the dinning table in the Lan mansion. Wangji spoke,"Brother, Senior Song Lan is really something. He forgot that he had already prepared the whole drawing thing an week ago. I was really worried. After all it's the collaboration with one of the biggest Manga companies in Japan."
Sizhui smiled shyly as he already got to know what Xichen did to push Wangji to the edge. Xichen smiled, "After all, he is the head of the manga department, he is super responsible. He just forgot under work pressure, I think." Wangji agreed with his brother. Suddenly Xichen said,"Wangji it's only 4 days to go to Sunday. It's Wei Ying's engagement. Are you going?" Wangji said coldly,"I have to. After all his parents invited me a month ago. By the way, what presents are you giving?" Xichen smiled,"It's a surprise. Wanyin had planned it for a long time."
Wangji questioned,"You two are giving presents together?" Jingyi said,"Duh! It's tradition to give presents with your love. Just like you have to give present with Sizhui. I have to give alone." Jingyi faked his tears. Wangji smiled,"It's a good thing. Then Sizhui choose the present on the behalf of me too. I really don't know what is a suitable present for engagement. Specifically this one." Sizhui nodded,"So, why not come with me today? Your schedule is clear for this night." Wangji hummed,"Ok. Let's do that then."
As they went to their respective companies, Jingyi asked,"By the way big brother, what should I give? I practically don't know them.'' Xichen replied,''It's okay with whatever present you give. Wen Qing accepts everything." As expected a lot of workers started to gossip about Wangji and Sizhui. Some started to butter up Sizhui, some maintained their distance. Some talked behind his back and basically all of the things were bothering Wangji to the extent. But he was happy that there were also some people who maintained true friendly attitude towards Sizhui. Wangji apologized for all of the fuss to Sizhui like a hundred times.
Sizhui was happy to help his best friend. He didn't need any sorry from Wangji. As they completed their work and went towards the car Sizhui spoke,"Lan Zhan! I thought of two choices. One the couple sets of watches or couple jewelry." Sizhui remembered that Xichen said that they were giving watches but made sure Lan Zhan bought jewelry because that's more significant. Wangji got totally pissed at the word 'couple'. Wangji just sadly smiled,"Sizhui, I told you already that whatever you say I'm going with it." They got inside the car and Sizhui chirped,"Then jewelry it is. Then let's go to a good jewelry store."
Wangji drove them to a big jewelry store which was apparently won by a junior of his school and he requested that junior to arrange a private room for them to choose. That junior was a big fan of him. He arranged the private room in a second. As the female worker in charge of them enter, she saw both Lan Zhan and Sizhui was sitting cozily and looking at the jewelry catalog. She introduced herself as Yi. Yi asked,"What kind of jewelry you are looking for, sir?" Sizhui smiled,"Couple jewelries."
Yi smiled,"If it's for you then I'll suggest rings, matching rings." Wangji sighed,"Not for us actually. It's for our friends. They are getting engaged." Yi smiled,"Oh! Sorry sir. Then I'll suggest you couple bracelets. It's got a brand new collection." Sizhui nodded, "Then we'll like to look at them." Yi nodded and left the room. Wangji asked Sizhui, "Should we also buy something couplish?"
Sizhui giggled,"It's not necessary to wear couple things to prove we are a real couple. Big brother also doesn't have anything matching to Jiang Cheng but see, they have already dated for two years. So? It doesn't prove anything. And no one will get to know that we are faking it. If you really want to buy me something, then go to a book store with me after this." Wangji nodded happily,"That's a great idea. It's been a while since I went to a actual book store. Let's go and buy some books after this."
In the meantime Yi came back with a set of couple bracelets. Sizhui examined every pair and chose the lock and key version. The lock was in heart shape and the key was in a heart shape too. Though it was looking so cheesy but it was cool. As Yi asked for the sizes. Sizhui replied, "The male's hand size is like Lan Zhan," as he pointed towards Wangji and then pointed towards himself,"the female's hand size will be a little bit thiner than mine." Yi nodded and told them to sit but came back again,"I'm really sorry sir. But I forgot to ask you that which one is for whom?" Wangji smirked,"It's simple. The lock one is for the male and the key one is for the female one."
Yi smiled,"That means she unlocked his heart. Wow! Please wait a moment sir. I'll pack this and send our manager to take care of the accounts." That junior came back and congratulated him for his new love life and said hello to Xichen. Bidding that junior farewell they went back to their car. Wangji exclaimed, "Destination! Book store!" As they went to the book store they felt like they were in paradise.
Sizhui picked up every book published from their company and showed them to Wangji like a happy five year old kid. As they were looking at books, suddenly they noticed that their favorite Chinese author released a new book and both of them were reading the content from same book. As they were in their wonderland, suddenly someone spoke,"You two are together like everyone where, huh?" As Sizhui and Wangji looked towards the voice they saw two handsome men were standing side by side and looking towards them. This time Wangji didn't know them but Sizhui jumped on the glassed man,"Wei gege! What are you two doing here? I thought you two were still in your honeymoon." Another man spoke out,"What can we do? SIU needs us. We are just here to buy him some books. What about you two? Are you not going to introduce us to him?"
Sizhui nodded excitedly, "Lan Zhan! Meet them. They are Shen Wei and Zhao Yunlan. My cousin brother and his husband." Wangji shook his hand with both of them. Wangji introduced himself, "Hello! I'm Lan Wangji. I'm Sizhui's..." Shen Wei smiled, "Don't push yourself. We already know. Yuan told us first about everything so that if something goes wrong during the explanation of this whole thing to his family, we would defend him. I'm ok with it as long as he's ok with it. After all it's his life and he is a mature kid. I believe he knows what he is doing." Wangji nodded in guilt. Yunlan patted Wangji's shoulder,"Don't worry Wangji, everything will be alright. Thank you for always taking care of my brother-in-law. Take care of yourself too. We have to go now but stay in touch."
Soon Sizhui and Wangji left the store with a lots of books. As they were on their way back to home, Wangji spoke,"Your cousin and his husband seemed to be nice people. What they do?" Sizhui smiled,"Wei gege is the professor of Chinese literature in the Dragon City University and Yunlan gege is the head of Special Investigation Unit! The top unit in the case of complicated crimes." Wangji smiled,"Both of them are completely from different worlds. How they came across with each other?" Sizhui laughed,"In one of the cases, Shen Wei got himself involved as the murderer was his student but Yunlan gege helped him to clear his name. And like three months straight without any kind of breath Yunlan gege chased him and at last, my brother felt tired of running away from him so he accepted Yunlan's feelings and now they are married and already went for their 2nd anniversary honeymoon."
Wangji smiled,"Oh! So it was his wedding two years ago that both of you and Jingyi came to China in the spring break." Sizhui nodded affirmatively. As they entered the house they saw Jiang Cheng was there and helping Xichen with cooking along with Jingyi. Wangji whispered in Sizhui's ear, "Better be ready for an awful dinner or a takeout food. As we all know that both Jingyi and my brother are terrible cooks and believe me both Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying are terrible in cooking too. I have experienced a lot." Suddenly he realised what he was saying. He was normally talking about Wei Ying. It made him angry again but his mind got diverted as he smelled something was burning. And as he expected whatever those three were cooking got burned for good. So as Wangji predicted they had to order food from McDonalds and KFC. Wangji sighed,"I still don't know why I own two famous restaurants if you are not going to order from them." Xichen blinked for a while, "I'm so sorry Wangji. Actually I forgot and I'm used to eat those KFC foods. Most importantly it's been just one day I got to know about your restaurants and most importantly I was panicking after wrecking the whole microwave." Wangji was in dazed,"You did what? You wrecked that beautiful microwave? Are you gonna order one or not?" Xichen knew that Wangji loved to cook and this was a disaster for him.
When they were bickering and having a good time then on the other hand Wei Ying was sitting next to Wen Qing as he said,"I saw Wangji with Sizhui today, in his favorite book store. Sizhui met his cousin brother and brother-in-law. Sizhui introduced Wangji to them. They said that they already knew that for a long time even Sizhui's parents knew it too. Wow! It's not so like Lan Zhan. He has changed." Wen Qing asked,"Are you jealous? Are you repenting your decision of breaking up with him and marrying me." Wen Qing was hoping to get the truthful answer for once but she forgot that Wei Ying never opened his heart to anyone, not even to her. Wei Ying scoffed,"Why should I repent? I made the best choice ever to choose to break up with him, then to propose you, to get engaged to you and I'll do the right thing by marrying you next year." Wei Ying was really hard to crack. Wen Qing sighed and thought,"I'm sorry, Wei Ying. I have to be in that plan and go against you. This is the only way to make you realize that everything you are doing is all wrong. This is the only chance for both you and Wangji to be happy. For both of you to erase the distance you have created between each other. I just want you to be happy, and I know your happiness is only with your Lan Zhan."