Chapter 15

Wei Ying looked towards the source of the voice who just called his name. Wei Ying got surprised to see Wangji was looking towards him with lustful eyes. Wei Ying beamed,"Lan Zhan! You are awake! Oh my God! You are awake at last." Wei Ying came closer to Wangji and kissed his forehead,"Thank God. How are you feeling?" Wangji smiled a little,"Pain. Whole body is aching." Wei Ying was already crying,"It's okay. Don't worry. I'm calling the doctor." Wangji nodded. Wei Ying called Xuanyu and excused himself from the room as the doctor needed some alone time with the patient. Wei Ying dialed Xichen's number and told him everything. In half an hour everyone was infront of the VIP room. Xichen hugged Wei Ying,"Where is he?" Wei Ying smiled,"Doctor is checking on him." In a few minutes all the nurses and doctors left room except Xuanyu, he called everyone in. As the room was way too much spacious, everyone got fitted in.
   Xichen went to his brother,"God! Wangji! You have scared us out. Don't drive like that again." Wangji nodded and apologized to everyone for scaring everyone. Then suddenly Wangji squinted his eyes in thought. Wei Ying asked,"What happened? Are you feeling okay? Lan Zhan?" Wangji sighed,"I don't know why, but I can recall everything but can't really remember anything about us from the third anniversary. Mathematically we should celebrate our 10th anniversary next year. But I can't remember those?" Everyone stopped at that moment. Sizhui asked,"Lan Zhan! Can you remember who am I?" Lan Zhan smiled,"Why are you asking that? You are my junior Sizhui, from London and now you are my secretary." Xichen looked at Xuanyu. Xuanyu said,"Wen Ning, let's do another round of check up on him." Wen Ning nodded as he understood what was happening with Lan Zhan. He requested everyone to wait outside though Wei Ying was not willing to leave Lan Zhan but Sizhui took Wei Ying out politely.
   After knowing everything Sizhui couldn't help but feeling guilty. Neither Wei Ying nor Lan Zhan had any fault with this whole situation. Sizhui couldn't really understand Lan Qiren's perspective either. Everyone was angry on Lan Qiren. And this time Xichen promised himself that he would protect his family from everything, even if he had to go against his uncle, he would do that. Sizhui was consoling Wei Ying when Wen Ning came out.
   Wen Qing asked quickly, "What happened? Is everything okay?" Wen Ning sighed,"He's totally fine but there is something wrong with his memory." Xichen asked,"What do you mean?" Wen Ning tried his best to explain,"As per I checked, I think when Wangji was in coma, Wei Ying's presence motivated him to come to sense. But in the process he locked up the bad memories with Wei Ying. He had completely forgotten about their breakup and everything. He can remember that he went to London but can't remember why. He is in pain because he is thinking that he lost the most beautiful memories of him and Wei Ying. But I really wanted to tell him that he remembers the most beautiful memories indeed, and he forgot the bad stuff."
   Sizhui asked,"Then? What should we do?" This time it was Xuanyu who replied,"You can do nothing. Making him remember those memories will be painful for him. It can effect him and send him to coma again. Our best choice is to put up an act with him that nothing is wrong. Specially it depends on Wei Ying. I know it's impossible. But Wei Ying has to endure the most." Wei Ying asked quietly,"What I have to do? I'll do everything." Wen Ning smiled,"Don't worry! You just have to pretend that nothing is wrong between you and Wangji. If Wangji asks you that what happened in those years, give him the one and only excuse that doctors have restricted him from remembering those memories and those years you have loved him. We will support you too. I know it'll make you go crazy but you have to do it. I will give him constant therapy and try to retrieve his memories slowly. And I believe after hearing everything Wangji will not be angry with you."
   Xuanyu continued,"Most importantly he needs a lot of bed rest. You can't send him to office. So work from home. He has to stay with Wei Ying everyday. So for Wei Ying also it's work from home. And I don't want Wangji to see any news about the whole criss cross engagement thing. He couldn't get to know anything about your master plan. I don't know how you are gonna delete those news but please do. Erase anything that indicates Wangji's and Wei Ying's breakup. Pretend that everything is fine. And don't worry! Wen Ning and I'll make sure that he is getting the best treatment. Now, please be normal and visit him again. He is waiting for you guys."
   As they entered the room again, they saw a very pouty Wangji was waiting for them. Wei Ying smiled and went to Wangji and kissed his cheek, "I missed you a lot. Thank you for recovering fast." Wangji smiled,"Sorry. I'll not make you worry anymore. By the way what's wrong with me? Why can't I remember anything about you?" Wei Ying laughed,"Probably because you loved me so much that you forgot about us. But what matters most is your health. I don't want anything but please stay healthy. Don't give me heart attacks from now on. I love you. I love you so much." Everyone's eyes became watery. Wangji hugged Wei Ying,"I love you too, more than you know. But still it'll be good if I remember those memories. What can I do, these two doctors said me over and over that I can't pressurise myself to remember those. If I do then I'll slip into coma again but I don't want to leave my Wei Ying. So I'll never try to remember those."
   Xichen sighed,"My brother has gone blind. He can't see that all of us are standing right here. He is busy to flirt with my brother-in-law. As if those two are the only one left in the world." Wangji rolled his eyes hardly as he started to talk to others. After an hour or two, all of them left. Only Wei Ying was there by Wangji's side. Doctors had already told Xichen to get rid of anything that could trigger his memories all of a sudden because they were going to let Wangji go in two days. Before leaving the hospital, Wanyin said Wei Ying that he would bring some fresh clothes for Wei Ying and Xichen entrusted Wangji with Wei Ying,"Wei Ying! Don't worry. Just promise me that you will discuss everything with me from now on before taking any kind of decisions for you two. You don't have to fear our uncle. Those companies are completely ours now. So he can't do anything to us anymore. Don't listen to anyone. Just stay beside my brother and love him." Wei Ying smiled a little, "Huan ge, thanks for understanding me. And I am promising you that I'll not repeat the same mistake again. I'll not take any rash decisions. Rest assured. I missed this Wangji way too much. I'm never gonna leave him alone."
   As Wei Ying entered the VIP room Wangji asked,"Hey! Where is my mobile?" Wei Ying pouted, "It's broken in that accident. And don't you dare to see anything digital. I have already asked your brother to bring some books for you." Wangji sighed,"But what's the use of books? I can't read those either. I'll hurt my eyes and it'll give pressure on my head." Wei Ying smiled,"I know. That's why I'm going to read it to you." Wangji widened his eyes,"Really? You are being generous because I was in an accident. I asked for this a lot of times but you said that you feel sleepy whenever you see a book." Wei Ying sighed,"Still now I feel sleepy to see books. But if it gives you happiness then I'll read to you. Let's have this as a practice for our future." Wangji asked,"What do you mean by our future practice?" Wei Ying smirked, "When we will have our children. I have to read them bed time stories. So now I'm net practicing only." Wangji's neck and ears turned into the brightest shed of red. Wei Ying started to laugh hysterically. Wangji covered himself with a blanket and asked in an indifferent voice,"When will I get back home? You are going to stay with me there right?" Wei Ying smiled,"In two days you will be free. He prescribed you work from home and some therapy with Wen Ning. And yes, I'll stay with you and will do my work from home too. Don't worry. Actually I have a better plan. I'll asked Jiang Cheng and Huan ge to stay together as well. They will be able to help me in lot of areas like cooking, cleaning and stuff." Wangji hummed,"Mn" and went to his dream land.
   As Wei Ying saw Wangji fell asleep, he went to the washroom to get fresh. After cleaning himself, he wore a fresh set of clothes and the pendant which was gifted by Wangji. He never said to anyone that he still wore it around his neck. He had always loved him. Suddenly he heard his ringtone and picked up the call,"Hello! Yes mom. I'm coming. Wait for a moment." Madam Yu called him and told him to meet her at the hospital cafeteria. Wei Ying requested a nurse to stay by Wangji and he went to his meeting spot. Soon he spotted his family. Madam Yu, Jiang Fengmin was waiting there with Yanli and Wanyin. Wei Ying smiled at them and sat down in a corner. Madam Yu sighed,"Why haven't you say anything before? What kind of mother I am that I didn't know anything about your suffering. I am so sorry dear, I wasn't there for you when you were suffering and needed us the most. Even still now I didn't know that you used to date Wangji. I'm so sorry for everything. Wanyin will go and stay with you guys. Take care of my would be son-in-law and don't worry about work. Your father will take care of everything. And son, don't be so hard on yourself. Take care. We are always with you and love you forever."
   Wei Ying hugged Madam Yu tightly and engaged himself in some chatting. Wanyin said,"Don't worry I'll set your and my luggage in their house. Do you need me to clean anything or bring something particular?" Wei Ying nodded,"You have to go to my house and open the cupboard. There are some significant things presented by Lan Zhan. Don't bring everything, just bring one or two of those. And ask Sizhui or Huan ge to clear Wangji's room and anything that symbolised our breakup. And specially, if he had stored the bloodied shirt from that day, then please throw that away." Wanyin said an okay and handed Wei Ying a book "Fifty Shades of Grey". Wei Ying's eyes widened,"Are you serious? You are giving me that book to read loud to Lan Zhan?" Wanyin smirked and left the cafeteria with others.
   Wei Ying went back to Lan Zhan and saw he was having a plain soup with lots of vegetables and chicken. Wangji smiled,"So? Met your family? How... Hey you have a book. Show me. What book did my brother choose for me?" Wei Ying hesitantly gave the book to Wangji and saw Wangji's whole face got red, "My brother chose this?" Wei Ying,"I don't know. Probably my brother chose it." Wangji sighed,"I'm gay for Christ's sake, not a bi like you guys. I fucking hate you guys some times."