Part 21.

I wake up the next morning felling much better so I decide I should probably go into school. As much as I didn't want to go in and face Adam, I knew it was for the best of my education that I go in today.

I didn't try much with my appearance today I just threw on a pair of old rolled up jeans and a hoodie and put my hair up in a messy ponytail.

I rubbed my eyes and sighed as I stood in front of the mirror. Although I am not physically in pain any more I am now mentally in pain and there is nothing that can stop me.

I look at my clock and see that I only have 5 minutes until the ducks will be at my house so I put the first pair of shoes on and open my wardrobe to grab a jacket. The first one that catch's my eye is Adams goodwill games one. My heart stops when I look at it. The memory's of the night all come flooding back. Then the pain hits.

I take it off the hanger and shove it in my bag and grab my windbreaker and walk down the stairs. I say bye to my parents and walk out my door and sit on my drive way my my knee in my chest.

I soon see a crowd of people running towards my house. A small smile forms on my face as I stand up.

They all say hi to me and hug me and I my pain had sunk down until I seen him. At this point the whole team knew what happened.

"Morning soph" Adam says cheerfully as he puts his arm around me as we start to walk just like he does every morning. I felt like punching him and screaming at him or just running away crying. I look over at Connie and guy who we're walking beside me for some help. Guy seen my uncomfortable state and grabbed my hand and pulled me away and stated to walk with a hand in mine and a hand in connie's.

"He doesn't know that we know" guy whispers into my ear. I gulp and slowly nod.

"Why is he pretending like everything is normal though like I am still the only girl he cares about" i wimper trying to hold back the tears.

Connie leans over and looks at me "who knows but don't worry we will all confront him at lunch the ducks have a plan" she winks at me as I nod at her. I don't know how I feel about that. I just want to forget the whole thing and go back home and hid in my bed but I know I can't.

We get to school and me and Luis walk to my locker. I open it and sigh "Luis would you sit beside me at lunch please" I close my eyes and turn to him.

" I urm. I usually sit beside him but well yeah".I whisper looking down. I feel a force on my shoulders look up at him as he smiles at me. " Sophia you are my best friend of course I will sit beside you" he laughs and plays with his earring.

A girl appears next to me and unlocks the locker next to mine. She has blonde hair and bright blue eyes and the cutest dimples. "Hey Sophia" she smiles at me.

"Morning Mia" I politely returned the same smile back to her. Mia opened her mouth to say something but I got dragged away by my hood.

"ok ow" I turn around and look at Mendoza. "What was that for" I look at him with wide eyes. "You didn't tell me your locker was beside Mia Cruise" he whispers but almost shouts. I look at his face as it is slowly turning red and his pupils grow as he looks over in her direction.

It doesn't take a genesis to know what's going on here. "You so have a crush on her" I say slapping his arm grinning. I get all excited and it actually takes my mind off Adam.

"ok shush I don't want her to hear" he says rubbing his arm. "When did Luis Mendoza get crushes I though you could get any girl you wanted". I laugh.

He looks down then looks up at Mia. I could tell he seen something different in her. Something more than just one of his make out buddies.

"Come on" I say grabbing is arm pulling him back to my locker. He was caught off guard and almost fell.

"Mia you know Luis". I smile at her and nod my head in the direction of a very shy blushing Luis.

"Hi nice to meet you" she smiles as she held out her hand. I look at Luis as he rubbed the back of his neck and shock her hand with his free hand. "Yeah you too"

"Ok now everyone knows everyone. Mia, Luis is on the hockey team"

"Really that's so cool what number are you I might have to look at for you at your next game" She grins cheekily closing her locker and swinging her backpack onto her right shoulder.

I nudge Luis as he looks like he was on another planet. It was clear he got lost in her blue eye. "Oh sorry uh. Yeah I am uh number 22".

"Hey Sophia maybe me you you can go to the next game to together" she smiles at me. "Of course I would love that" I smile back. We both look at Luis who was bitting his bottom lip and swinging back and forth on his heels.

"Right well urm I better get going. Nice seeing you again Sophia. Bye Luis". Mia waves at us as she walks away. I wave back hitting Luis to do something.

"Man I totally bombed that" Luis says as he puts his arms on the locker and his his face
"Come on let's get get to class"