Breathe

Four hours. It had been four hours since She had seen Dominic. Four hours since Dominic murdered his father. Four hours since she tried to call her parents...and they didn't answer. They hadn't been taking their calls. Nothing. She knew how her parents were. They were ashamed...but she needed them. Four hours since she called Taliah, and she didn't answer either. She couldn't tell anyone about the murders she witnessed. The only one she could talk to was Dominic, and she would never talk to him about this. He didn't talk about feelings. He didn't at all.

She was literally surrounded. Give cars, yes five were outside it the house, making sure she didn't even go outside to get mail!

She just couldn't do it. Her mind, her conscience. It was all to much. She had to talk to Dominic. She didn't have a choice in the matter anymore. She made up her mind...and she hoped that Dominic would hear out what she was saying. She hoped that he would understand, and they wouldn't be back to square one again. She didn't think she could do it.

Sitting made her way into the living room and sat there, her eyes immediately finding a bridal magazines and her wedding notebook. Her stomach churned at the idea. She didn't know how she could have been even remotely happy for the past week about...about even possibly marrying someone like him.

She grabbed the notebook and flipped to a fresh sheet. She then uncapped her pen and began writing.

1.) Ray
2.) his son
3.) hillbilly #1
4.) hillbilly #2
5.) some guy named Rob
6.) Vanessa
7.) Chris
8.) Mr. Moretti

She took a deep breathe and shook her head. "8 people. 8 people in three months," she shook her head as she tried to wrap her mind around this. Wrap her mind around Dominic.

As soon as she was about to write more things down, the door opened. It was Dominic. He had his impassive face on again, and Stef quickly closed the notebook. He was silent. He wasn't saying anything, which creeped her out to no end.

She sat in silence as he went into the kicthen and she knew he was pouring himself a drink. She sighed, waiting for him to come into the living room again. He finally did. He had his sweatshirt off, and he was wearing a simple wife beater on. She ignored the urge to look at his muscels. It definelly wasn't the time.

"What have you been doing?' He asked her as she shrugged, and pointed at the wedding catalogue. Right when she did that she noticed that he finished off his entire drink. Which she thought was odd. "I'm letting you go."

Stef looked at him in confusion. "To go upstairs? I'm not going to yell at you Dominic. It was your decision and it was a horrible one," Stef said matter of fact. "And you might think that this won't eat at you but it will. And what about the hospital cameras? What are you going to-"

"I mean, I'm letting you go home. Back to Seattle." Stef felt her heart begining to hamer in her chest. Was that some kind of cruel code for he was going to kill her? She was not going to go out by Dominic Morettis hands! She wanted to die from like choking on prune juice in a nursing home or something, or maybe a nice never ending nap! Not by her pyschotic fiance.

She stood up, eying him catiously. "You can't kill me Dominic! I haven't done anything wrong!" She exclaimed as she grabbed the vase on the foot table for protection.

Dominic looked utterly confused, as he put his empty glass down and held up his hands, in mock surrender. "I'm not trying to fucking kill you. I don't need you anymore, now that my fathers gone I don't have to get married to take the business over. We both get what we wanted in the end," he said as Stef looked at him in astonishment.

"I...what...are you joking?" She asked slowly, not wrapping her mind around it. She was just confused. Did he really just make her spend the last few months here for no reason? Was he kidding her?