CHAPTER 2 - the Silver Wolf's long-cherished desire

Haah... The feeling one gets when drinking a warm drink on a rainy night is one of the most relaxing feelings one can have.

Peace, tranquility...

The perfect combination. Even knowing that a lot of people would kill just to have this luxury. But it's an unchangeable part of life, where there's good, there's bad. And success cannot exist without failures.

Take this old man for example...

Living for centuries through thick and thin and effort. Throwing his entire future out the window just to give a second chance to the person he loved the most in the universe. What a sad, miserable, pathetic of a soul that has ever existed.

But whatever happened, his masterplan plan has to succeed no matter what. And so far everything was going very smoothly...

At least until the anomaly came... Falling suddenly without any signs, what a mysterious being.

Where did you come from, O' messenger of gods from world beyond our reach? I hope you will be able to help us or rather 'me' to achieve my dream.

But according to Fu Hua's observation. The traces of Honkai energy on her does exist, but it was too faint that only special detection devices could sense it directly so far.

"So, old friend. Are really certain with your testimony?"

"I'm one hundred percent certain. Although it was really faint, her body does release few small amounts of Honkai energy. But strangely those energy were reabsorbed back into her body and at the same time all those energy were focused on one point area on her chest"

"Interesting. Have you confirmed the possibility of a Herrscher core?"

"Not so far. But it's highly probable, if it does exist, it is likely that the core is currently in a dormant state"

"It seems like our newcomer shares a deep secret of her own huh?" Well techincally speaking, everyone does have fair share of their own secrets. "Continue your work, Fu Hua. I expect more reports of her from now on, along with progress report on K-423"

"Understood"

Ahh... Looks like the road ahead is going to be more interesting huh? Oh my, I'm out of tea. But don't worry, I know who I can rely on.

"Amber, please refill this cup"

"Of course, Sir. Overseer"

Such a reliable assistant. I'm glad little Theresa choose to spare you that day...

--------

A gust of night wind flew across her face. Bronya woke up from her sleep, but the first thing she did was to make sure of something. She looked to her side and noticed a sleeping figure.

Sighing she moved to a sitting position. Looking out the window where the day was still shrouded in darkness and only a few scattered stars around to light up the night sky.

Still couldn't believe all this was real and that she now had a little sister, a twin at that! But what made her want a sister all of a sudden?

Grew an orphan she never know how does it feels like to have a family nor even what is a parental love.

Being raised an assassin without really knowing the concept of familial love, even though her so called uncle- umm, Boss actually cared for her, but there's just something that feels missing. Her mother died few days after she gave birth to Bronya, Her father already died way before that and didn't have any recollection about them, even a glimpse of pictures or whatsoever. But her boss only said that she was just like her parents.

Encrypted BunnyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara