CHAPTER 13 - Haven under the flying fortress

Date: 16th, August 2015

The morning has arrived once again. The sleeping figure of Alyona Zaychick yet still trapped in her dream. A body that didn't want to wake up due to the comfort provided by the mattress that was so soft that she was unwilling to leave the bed. Even if it wasn't for the alarm sound that went off on her phone she wouldn't woke up.

"Mmmmhhh..."

Rubbing both of her eyes. She swiped the screen of her phone to turn the alarm off. But it didn't stop. Seems like she didn't land a hit on the button. Switching to plan B. She grabs the phone and almost accidently blinds herself due to the ammount of brightness put into the screen.

"Ughh..."

After successfully turning off the alarm. The phone's brightness returned back to the lowest amount.

Noticing the white floating boxes on the screen. Her eyes are still adjusting to the brightness and few seconds later everything was as clear as a newly wiped glass.

「19 unread messages, Bronya」

"..."

Too many messages in a row. Alyona wonder how much data plan does the Ural's Silver Wolf has up her sleeve. As far as she remembered she hasn't opened her phone in a while. Seems like she spends too much time with her new friends that she momentarily forget about the guys back in Saint Freya.

Opening Bronya's messages she was greeted with myriads of texts on her screen. Starting from greetings, asking about her whereabouts, health, wellbeing, etc. As expected of an overprotective big sister.

Looking at the time. It was still four in the morning. That's good, she didn't overslept. That means she could prepare herself from now. First thing to do is to tidying up the bed. Although some research has shown that cleaning your bed right after waking up might spread the bacteria attached on the sheets into the air.

It's not like this place have any sorts of windows to let the fresh air do the job of cleaning the bacteria in the first place. This whole room is fully sealed, so nothing but air from ventilation systems and air conditioner could snuck inside. Good thing there was an AC or otherwise she would've been covered in sweat once she woke up.

"Okay, now that's done for. Might as well to get a cold bath in the morning"

Feel like her job is done with the bed. It was time to submerge herself into cold water at four in the morning.

【Moments Later】

Wearing her usual shorts and jacket. Alyona sets off for a walk outside the dormitory area. She didn't know why but she felt like walking for today. The cold morning air penetrated her but it was not enough to shake her as she was already got used to cold, plus with them being thousands of feet above the ground, the temperature is much more colder than it was on the ground.

There was already several Immortal Blades nearby, getting ready for patrols around the base.

That reminds her. yesterday Rita mentioned that Schicksal has many branches spread throughout Europe and Asia.

These branches still consist of main branches and subsidiary branches. For example, the main European branch is located in Germany while the main Asian branch is located in Shenzou a.k.a another name for China. Or more precisely behind the glimmering lights of Arc city, the city of refugee.

Each branch also has their own Valkyrie units. Only Immortal Blades are exclusive to the floating island, as they were the elites and only being sent in case of dire situations such as a Honkai eruption.