CHAPTER 8 - Dualism

Bronya had been scouting around the entirety of Soukai city. But now, she's currently approaching the recently reported Honkai eruption site.

Her heartbeat raced fast as she imagines what could possibly unfolds just right ahead.

Was Alyona alright? What could have possibly caused this disaster?

With Project Bunny, she kept her distance off the ground. Leaping through towers and buildings. Whilst occasionally blasting away every single Honkai beasts that gets in her path.

"The closer, the more Honkai beasts there are... The Bronya need to be quicker"

Bronya placed herself on Project Bunny's hand. In response to her actions, Project Bunny Taking a stance to throw.

Its mechanical hands are pivoted backwards and assisted with thrust from Bronya's exoskeleton. Utilizing Honkai energy to fuel the thrust of her legs.

The exoskeleton on her legs began to glow with thin lights and with a powerful shock Bronya launched herself into the dark sky.

From there she was able to watch the entire scene unfold. At the same time, raindrops began to fall on her, the closer she got the more intense the rainfall became.

The strong winds disrupted Bronya's trajectory and she ended up landing on the truss of the bridge.

Using her feet to slide down through the dented and heavily damaged bridge railings. The musty odor of the smoke below entered her sense of smell.

Same as the rain, she noticed the growing number of Honkai beasts were intensifying as she gets closer and closer around the blast zone.

A rational person would probably consider Bronya crazy and insane for her actions. But from the perspective of a Big Sister.

She believed that Alyona was in there.

Somewhere behind the smoke and burning embers in this pouring rain. Alyona was there, frightened and confused of surroundings.

They may have led very different lives before. But that won't change the fact that they're sisters now.

Bronya's belief is what makes her believe that Alyona is there. Even if her sister was the cause of this eruption and the Honkai already had control over her.

Bronya would always be by her side, slowly helping her and guiding her. Even if the whole world decided to go against her. She will be there to help.

Just like Kiana did to Mei back in Nagazora.

Kiana's persistence in wanting to bring Mei back from Honkai's absolute control had moved Bronya to do the same.

Bronya had realized this while simply observing them, that there was nothing stronger than love.

"What a cliche... But... It is worth a shot"

Even when Alyona first descended into this world, Bronya herself had felt the inner bond between the two of them.

It was as if fate had tied a strand of thread quite tightly. Whether Alyona's arrival was a coincidence or intentional. But one thing is for sure...

"The Bronya will not let this thread easily break" and she will maintain this bond and continue to keep it tight.

She finally went pass through the bridge's railings and landed herself on the road.

Everywhere she look, the view of crowded yet empty road greeted her as she walked past dozens of abandoned vehicles.