CHAPTER 3-EX - Fu Hua

The night sky was lit up by infinite radiant starlights and Soukai City. The city that was built after the greatest disaster ever recorded in the history of mankind is still bustling with activity, even in the dead of night.

Meanwhile the opposite happened in Saint Freya. In contrast to the noise of the city, the Academy was very quiet at night.

The silence of the night is accompanied by the summer night breeze. The heat absorbed by the earth's surface is released slowly, causing the cool breeze to warm up slightly. The sounds of the waterfalls and the various faunas scattered around the forest surrounding the school were the only sounds that accompanied the night.

It should be remembered that Saint Freya was built right in the middle of a large lake.

Lights are dimmed, noises turns into silence, the students in each dormitories can finally rest their eyes after such a tiring day in the summer.

Even the sound of light footsteps was not enough to break the silence.

Walking at an uncertain tempo, as if in a hurry. Fu Hua had to get up during the night because of her bad premonition. She walked through the corridor of the dormitory she stayed in, quickly but quietly making her way towards the room where her indecision was triggered.

'I have to hurry'

Entering the 6-digit code quickly and quietly at the same time, she opened the door of the room. She saw the figure of a sleeping girl with a various kinds of written expressions on her face.

Slowly closing the door, she stood right next to the bed. She felt all kinds of emotions after seeing that face. It was mix of curiosity, confusion, fear, and most importantly... Pain.

She placed her hand on the girl's head. Her cool-grey hair turned into reddish-white hair. Closing her eyes and focusing her mind on the girl in front of her. The pair of red eyes replaced what was used to be a beautiful pair of sky blue eyes.

This was the true form of the Immortal Phoenix.

Using Fenghuang Down, she easily breached into Alyona's subconscious. As she did, she began feeling the flow of Honkai energy inside Alyona's body more clearly than ever. It was akin to a Herrscher's, her body kept sucking the Honkai energy around as if it was feeding the mysterious and possibly the Herrscher core in her.

She had placed a feather seal as soon as she felt something off. She also recently learned that the body keeps sucking Honkai energy overtime, and each time it grows it becomes more and more prominent. It wasn't like that previously, so what could cause this sudden change?

The girl's is a ticking time bomb, just like how Kiana was. Even if she were to awaken into a Herrscher what would happen next? Will she choose to side with Humanity? Or using her powers to wipe out an entire Civilizations in a swoop?

Her view began to shift into vast Wasteland brims with snow and A high-rise building that has lost half of its height. there were also other much smaller buildings around here. But they were either got destroyed, or are just frozen.

Something of what seemed like the missing half of the building was sighted not far. The half remnants of said building are scattered around the place. But what stood out the most was the sign that said.

'Massive Electric?...'

Massive Electric industry, the world's largest and the strongest technology company, it was because of their accomplishment that Honkai powered Mechs exist today. But something seems off about the building, the place was supposed to be surrounded around cities. There was nothing but massive layer of thick snows around her.