CHAPTER 8-EX - Afterlude

The atmosphere was tense, at least for some of the onboard ship crews. It's been half an hour since the 4th eruption has been taken care of.

Himeko with her squad which consisted of Kiana and Mei brought the Helios along to confront the fourth Herrscher head-on. As they arrived where the clouds that has been covering the scenery previously, has vanished, and what was left of the supposed fourth eruption site was a fully intact bridge.

It was as if the catastrophic event never happened that day.

The highly unexpected occurrence had shaken the entire underworld. String figures hidden beneath the world began to turn their attention to the eruption. But before them, stood one authority that has stood for centuries, the sole organization that has the highest power of all and has been fighting the Honkai. They could do nothing after Schicksal intervened.

One by one decides to bat their eyes somewhere else. Except for two large rival organization that has been hiding under the watchful eyes of Schicksal.

Meanwhile inside the Helios. The atmosphere was quite awkward. For Mei and Kiana, it was like reliving their past in Nagazora once again, especially for Mei. To see Alyona keeps holding tight to Bronya's unconscious body keeps reminding her of that day.

Right now, the Bronya is being rested atop a light mattress inside the helios' infirmary. Her soft breathing was enough to ensure that she was fine. Despite coming out with several bruises and a few scars likely from a battle with Honkai beasts. She decided to enter the realm of chaos with no regard for her safety.

What was this girl thinking? That might be a question for any clinically sane person on this ship. But for some of the people closest to her...

It was merely an act purely done out of love and her feelings. Bronya loved Alyona so she will do anything it takes to keep her treasured sister safe and sound.

--------------------------------------------------------

A really-really short cut that was supposed to be at the end of chapter 8

Chapter 10 is almost done. Just need some polishing and it's good to go, and I might even be able to land the update today if things go smoothly according to plan.

Sincerely, dear Author.

18th, April 2023