Chapter 31

31: Sports School

Lin Miao undoubtedly lost eight games in a row. She had grown accustomed to it, after all, she has not won a single proper game. Her goal was to just last one turn longer every game.

After that, the two talked as they huddled together. As they chatted, the Young Master realized that Lin Miao stopped responding. Turning his head, he saw that she had fallen asleep.

She had to be very tired after an entire tournament and walking the dogs.

She wore the pajamas the housekeeper gave her when she first came last year. Everything was the same as before, except Lin Miao was leaving tomorrow.

The Young Master slowly cleared the bed of the pencils and papers they used to play tic tac toe, and then gently unfolded the quilt over her.

Lin Miao slept soundly on the white pillow dotted with a few flower designs.

She was returning to her town the next morning, and who knows when they will see each other again.

The Young Master sighed. He went to carry Dahuang so they could leave Lin Miao to sleep alone.

Dahuang was a bit reluctant. She clung onto the quilt, not wanting to move.

Lin Miao woke up early the next morning and upon opening her door, she noticed that the Young Master had already woken up.

The sun was just above the horizon, so she had time to walk the three dogs with the Young Master.

Lin Miao still kept in mind that she was to meet up with the teacher at nine. She planned to arrive twenty minutes earlier, remembering her etiquettes.

She retrieved her backpack from upstairs after breakfast with the Yu family. Then, the Young Master's mother drove her to the hotel with the Young Master.

Lin Miao still had a belly full of words, "Gege, I'll visit you again when I have time. Remember to study well."

Comparatively, the Young Master had much less to say.

They weren't very far from the hotel. Lin Miao jumped out of the car and ran towards Mr. Feng. They were gathering up already!

The Young Master stayed in the car, watching Lin Miao as she ran towards her teammates without looking back.

Then, he saw her happily greet her friends.

But she also turned back and waved at him.

Lin Miao was still able to fall asleep on the way back to the town. The excitement of scoring first place had faded.

Lin Miao's mother was pleased when she heard that Lin Miao had gotten first. She hung the medal on the wall and cooked up a delicious meal.

Thus, Lin Miao celebrated again.

The next day, Lin Miao returned to school as usual. She loved her new school and was praised again during class. She was almost embarrassed from all the compliments, so she was too shy to say that she was actually losing during recess every single day.

She gave up the thought soon after. It was rare for so many people to congratulate her, so it was quite memorable. She might not have another opportunity like this ever again. Lin Miao always thought that it was her luck that secured her first place.

She had grown accustomed to losing.

A few days later, someone came to visit her.

The Chinese teacher, the one who often complimented her, called her out to the hallway. The teacher said someone wanted to see her.