Chapter 53

53: About the Competition

Lin Miao didn't know about what had happened to the Young Master last night.

She found her phone turned off when she woke up the next morning. I had probably forgotten to hang up the call last night, so the battery died.

Lin Miao plugged her phone in and headed to practice.

At noon, someone came calling for her, saying that her mother was here to visit her.

Lin Miao ran to the school gates and saw her mother and Little Ling on the other side of the gate.

Her mother gave her a pack of jerky meat.

Everyone at the sports school had to follow a strict diet, especially when eating outside. All the meat she ate at home came from the village, which her mother paid for. They were all hormone-free and organic.

She was allowed to eat the pack of jerky meat.

Lin Miao learned that Little Ling chose to study teaching early childhood education because regular high schools wouldn't admit someone in her situation. Little Ling had only finished primary school in the village and hadn't been to middle school. Her grades weren't great, either. She had originally planned to study with Lin Miao as she had very good marks. Lin Miao had never been off of the podium for scores since primary school, so she wanted to tag along and enroll in a middle school. Unfortunately, Little Ling's foundation wasn't too good, so her hard work made little effect.

Lin Miao's parents discussed it for many days and then thought of the different trades. It would still hold quite a promising future, so they asked Little Ling.

After some exploring, they found early childhood education. Little Ling was kind and patient, which would be great for a kindergarten teacher.

So they settled on that.

Lin Miao didn't understand the system, but she was glad, "Then Little Ling would be a teacher in the future? Cool!"

Hearing that Lin Miao's mother had come to visit, Tan Jing waited for the snacks on the other side.

However, Lin Miao still didn't show up after a long time.

Tan Jing couldn't hold back. She walked towards the school gates and saw another girl hugging her older brother Shui, weeping.

Tan Jing quietly stepped back, as silent as when she had approached the scene.

Did brother Shui get another younger sister?

Tan Jing: "..." It's possible! Great, now the world's unfair again. Brother Shui's older brother has a great sister, so how many sisters would brother Shui get...

It's okay. I'm with her year-round, and we share beds during winter. The other good sisters couldn't compare.

When Lin Miao finally returned, she saw Tan Jing standing there, waiting for her.

"Sister Jing, let's go back to the dorm!" Lin Miao pulled her.

Mhm, perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Yes, no one can take my position apart from brother Shui's older brother.

Tan Jing didn't know that, at this moment, Lin Miao's older brother was distracted thinking about the next time Lin Miao would call him, and the dream from yesterday...

The amount of time they talked sharply declined after Lin Miao returned to her badminton team. Even though Lin Miao had a phone, he still had to wait for Lin Miao to call.

The Young Master thought about what Lin Miao said yesterday. Soon, she was going to compete abroad again.

It was the world championships. Lin Miao didn't specifically say that, but the Young Master guessed it anyway.