Chapter 72

72: I Miss Gege

Lin Miao quickly returned to her dorm room. Lying on her bed, the Young Master’s words echoed in her head.

It was as if he was still whispering in her ear. She covered her stinging face, and couldn’t resist taking her phone from the nightstand.

Her wallpaper was still a picture of the Young Master smiling. She became even more sleepless staring at it.

Moonlight spilled in from the window. Her room was so quiet she could even hear Tan Jing’s rhythmic breathing, as well as her own heartbeat.

The Young Master had said that he’ll never find her annoying.

She remembered him showing her his call log. He constantly wanted to call her.

It’s so late, would he be home?

Lin Miao hesitated, and then messaged the Young Master: “Gege, are you home yet?”

Yu Jingxuan soon replied.

“Not yet, but almost,” with a picture attached. .

It was a photo of the city during the night. The thousands of lights were quite picturesque.

Lin Miao quickly saved it.

“So pretty.”

“Shuishui should go to sleep soon. You still need to wake up early tomorrow. Good girl.”

Reading the message, the last few words felt as if he spoke them beside her.

Her face was now flaming hot. Humans were such magical creatures. She was freezing on her bed two hours ago, and even her fluffy quilt had felt cold. Now, she felt that everything was wonderful, and her body was warm.

Following the Young Master’s message, she put her phone aside and shut her eyes. Yes, sleep early, you’ll have to wake up early tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the Young Master had arrived home. It was deep into night, and his grandma and mother were in the living room drinking yogurt.

They saw Yu Jingxuan the moment he came in.

“Tell us the truth, where did you go so late into the night?” The Young Master’s mother asked, half serious.

The grandma also looked towards him with the same gaze.

“I just went outside for a walk. Nothing else, it’s late, you guys should sleep.”

The two: “…”

Looking at her son speak so maturely, she commented, “Are you shy? Could it be that you’ve grown up and want your personal space, so you don’t talk to your old mom anymore?”

Yu Jingxuan looked at his ‘old mom’ who was drinking yogurt, “I had my space when I was young, too.”

Looking at the two’s expressions, the Young Master told the truth, “I went to meet up with Shuishui, nothing else. I’ll go to sleep now, you guys should too.”

The Young Master’s mother: “…” Oh dear, such a siscon, what can we do?

The Young Master climbed upstairs. The unknown number was an old one. It didn’t have a real name associated with it, so it was probably created before verification was required. Whoever sent this sort of message with this type of phone number purposely wanted to make Lin Miao uncomfortable.

Obviously, the person didn’t expect Lin Miao to contact the Young Master after such a spiteful message. If Lin Miao didn’t call him, there would certainly be some grievances if they continued their relationship.