Chapter 37

37: Wearing Skirts

Lin Miao invited the Young Master to her house for a meal again.

Lin Miao's parents were already accustomed to the Young Master. After all, Lin Miao had stayed for half a year with the Yu family. The Young Master was also very good with Lin Miao; he treated her as a real younger sister. He frequently visited her, taught her lessons, and bought her snacks.

Lin Miao's mother knew that at heart so she also took the Young Master as one of her own.

She always cooked an extra meal on the first day of Lin Miao's breaks for the Young Master.

The adults of the two families, however, didn't have much interactions similar to before.

The Young Master wasn't picky, at least at Lin Miao's place. He ate whatever Lin Miao ate.

Lin Miao often picked food for him.

After the meal, the Young Master returned back to his house.

Occasionally, Lin Miao would head to the Yu family for a meal and see Dahuang, Feifei, and Jiajia.

Everyone was used to this pattern.

They had to adjust to this even if they weren't used to it anyway, especially for the Yu family.

It was still relatively recent that the Young Master started being active again. Now that he had recovered from his sickness, he went wherever his heart desired, and he would go there alone.

Rather than him sneaking out, they let him travel to his own desire as long as the driver followed and as long as he reported back to the house.

The New Year was closer than ever, so Lin Miao's mother had been less busy, which consequently freed some of Lin Miao's time, too.

Her younger brother was studying hard, preparing for the math olympiads competition next year. Seeing her brother ponder at his exercise book, Lin Miao thought that she might be able to help out since she was the older sister. So, she walked over and glanced at her brother's math problems.

After some more careful looks, she quietly walked on. Mm, she should leave her younger brother alone and undisturbed.

Since the idea of helping her younger brother didn't unfold well, Lin Miao was now completely unoccupied. She didn't like to watch television, and she didn't have a phone to fiddle with. As a cause of attending a boarding school, Lin Miao didn't have many friends back home. All her friends at school have returned to their homes in other neighbourhoods.

So, she decided to pick up a book and start to read.

During dinner, Lin Miao's mother suddenly said to her, "Oh right, Shuishui, do you have spare time? Let's go shopping for clothes tomorrow."

Lin Miao's mother always asks her like this. Lin Miao had her own timetable, unlike many others her age.

A head popped up from behind a book, "New clothes! Sure!"

She wore a uniform at school, and she doesn't spend many days at home out of her school year, so she didn't necessarily need new clothes.

Lin Miao also doesn't understand fashion. She was the type who would wear whatever that was given as long as they were comfortable.

However, the New Year meant new clothing, so Lin Miao's mother wanted to take Lin Miao and Lin Sen shopping.

(Lin Sen refers to Lin Miao's younger brother, 林森)

At the store, there were a variety of jackets and coats in many colours fit for Lin Miao's age group.

Lin Miao's mother let her two children pick for themselves.