Chapter 79

79: I'm Not Being an Actor

The two were a bit reluctant to let go of each other. It wasn't their first time holding hands, and it'd felt perfectly normal when they did it before they turned fourteen. It didn't make their heartbeats accelerate at all.

However, now, the simple action took over Lin Miao's head. All that she could think about was the sensation of Yu Jingxuan's hand gripping hers.

Suddenly, she saw her neighbour pass by, walking her dog. Lin Miao was caught quite off-guard, even scared, but... it would be even more awkward for her to retract her hand.

Lin Miao's neighbour also saw her, waving to her smilingly.

Lin Miao waved back with her blushed cheeks. Yu Jingxuan joined her, too.

Lin Miao's face was still red after her neighbour had walked past her.

She didn't know what to talk about.

Conversations between them seemed endless before, but now she was wordless. All she could think about was Yu Jingxuan.

It was the first time either of them dated. Yu Jingxuan was also quite nervous, but seeing Lin Miao so tense, he seemed to have relaxed a bit more.

"Gege, we still need to keep it low. My mom said I can't prematurely date." Lin Miao stuttered.

Even though her mother was strongly against these premature romantic relationships, they could continue as long as her mother didn't know.

"Then how do we keep it low?" Yu Jingxuan looked at her smilingly.

He realized what she meant by "keeping it low" during dinner. She took it to the extreme.

Before, she would pick vegetables for Yu Jingxuan and talk to Yu Jingxuan. Now, she sat still in her chair, quietly eating as if she was alone.

She didn't even dare raise her head.

Looking at Lin Miao. Yu Jingxuan wanted to surround her with a hug, but also didn't want to scare her.

After dinner, when he left, Lin Miao's mother came to Lin Miao's room.

"What happened between you and little Yu?" She asked softly.

Her behavior was so strange, did they break up?

"Nothing, nothing." Lin Miao responded, "What makes you think that?"

"You guys didn't exchange a single word during dinner." Lin Miao's mother said.

Lin Miao blushed, explaining, "Oh, it's because of my cold. I didn't want to chat, my throat hurts..."

Lin Miao's mother: "..."

But, observing Lin Miao's response, it didn't seem to be anything big.

After her mother left, Lin Miao turned on her phone, seeing if Yu Jingxuan messaged her.

Did Gege get home? Was there a lot of traffic?

A bit later, Lin Miao messaged him: "Is Gege home?"

Yu Jingxuan responded almost instantaneously: "Just came out from the shower."

Lin Miao had seen how he looked right out of the shower when they were little children, but she had naturally not seen it again now that they've grown older.

However, looking at the words, her face uncontrollably reddened again.

"Then Gege should blow dry his hair, I'll talk to Gege later."

"I'm almost done."

Lin Miao lay down on her bed, waiting for Yu Jingxuan to finish. Suddenly, she heard a knock on the door. Her mother was outside, "Shuishui, we're going back to the village for the ancestral ceremony, but since you're still recovering from the cold, your father and I will just go back by ourselves. You can stay back with your brother and little Ling, okay?"