Epilogue

The warm Cali breeze hit my skin and I melted a little more onto the sun lounger I was currently lying on.

Despite having sunglasses over my eyes, I still had to squint as I watched Leo in the distance.

The beach was barely crowded so we took the opportunity every time it wasn't busy to come out here and just relax. There's no way you could do this back in England with our shitty weather and rocky beaches.

Despite coming to California over a year and a half ago, each time I step foot out of the apartment complex we stayed in, it still felt like it was the first time every day.

Leo was a lot more settled in than me, he was practically already treating it like home. Well, he didn't have much back home to hold on to since we left so I don't blame him.

All it took was for one swing from his Dad at his Mum for her to realise that he would never change, despite everyone telling her that.

He was still living with his brother at the café. Safe to say Leo and I won't be making a trip there when we go back to visit.

My brother managed to get into a Psychology course in one of the top universities in London, so he was more than busy all the time and only messages me here and there when he isn't buried in assignments.

It was the same with my Mum and Dad really. I knew they wouldn't keep constant contact like they wanted too, but I did take an extra step and I send them a video message once a month to keep them updated on everything that's going on with the dance internship.

The building we were interning at was a new build and was a literal piece of art, we honestly wished we could never leave.

Leo was still holding the perfect handstand he had started nearly three minutes ago and I was watching him effortlessly keep position.

His skin had been kissed by the sun beautifully only hours after fully arriving in California so his already slightly tanned skin was three shades darker. This also made his dirty blond hair lighter and it was a completely new look to him.

And that look was hot.

Me on the other hand? I had to cover up the majority of the time if I wasn't wearing suncream. I was too pale for the sun in any country it seems.

After another minute or so, I decided that Leo had been showing off for long enough and I pried myself off the lounger, kicking off my sandals and making my way over to him.

My confidence had boosted a lot since coming here so the simple high-waisted, black bikini I was wearing didn't bother me at all and I didn't feel like I wanted to cover up with a towel and hide myself like I used to do.

I moved so I was standing in front of Leo, his face slightly red from being in the same position for too long.

"Are you done?" I questioned, placing a hand on my hip. I'll be honest, I wanted him to stop because I missed talking to him.

When we came to the beach, Leo would exercise and I would relax.

"I'll be done..." Leo held his words for 10 more seconds before gracefully landing to his feet, his hair having to be re-tied as some of it had fallen out of the hair band "Right now."

"What do you wanna do for dinner?" I asked, surprised when he stepped forward and slipped his arm around my waist.

"I don't mind, but I am kinda feeling Taco Bell again." He grinned sheepishly, pulling my body into him he was hugging me.

I rolled my eyes "Of course you are. We'll get Taco Bell tonight."

Just as I pulled away, Leo swiftly pulled me off my feet and into his arms in a bridal carry.

My eyebrows narrowed suddenly and before I knew it, he was running towards the ocean and I began to wriggle.

"Leo don't you dare!" I screamed, trying to pry out of his grip but he had me closed in tight.

I had no choice but to let him simply toss me into the cool water which literally engulfed me within seconds.

Literally every time we came to the beach, which was at least 4 times a week by the way, he would just grab me and throw me into the water.

Absolute asshole.

When I emerged from the water, Leo was simply grinning at me as I pushed my wet hair out of my face.

"Why the hell do you do that all the time?" I complained, wiping under my eyes as I guessed my mascara had probably run.

"Because it's fun." He waded closer towards me and pulled me into his hold once again.

"Uh, amazingly it's not fun, because it means I have to shower again today when we get back home." I moaned, not liking the thought of have to wash my hair for the second time today.

"Well then I'll just have to shower with you to keep you entertained." Leo shrugged, a smirk working his way up onto his lips and then I realised.

That's what he always did whenever I had to shower after coming to the beach.

Seriously? This guy was a massive dork.

"You're unbelievable." I laughed, reaching up and placing a kiss on his lips.

I just hope he didn't notice the weight I had put on...

***

Hey! Here's the Epilogue for you.

I had a lot more to put into this but I didn't want to clog it up with random stuff so if you have any questions about any happenings then please let me know and I'll answer them☺️

Thank you to everyone who has read this and gotten nearly 40k reads in such a short space of time, to think I only started writing this book just over a year ago.

So yea, again, thank you and love you all☺️💖