Chapter 50

9am, Saturday morning.

Why the hell did I wake up at 9am on a weekend?

I'll bloody tell you why, because my parents decided to have a dinner party last night with some of their friends and they are still up right now, drinking and laughing with each other in the front room.

How the hell they've managed to stay up this long is beyond me. I can't even stay up till 1am let alone pull an all nighter and still be drinking and fully functioning.

Peeling myself out of bed, I cringed at the random bits of hair that stuck out over my shoulders and covered half of my head. The one time I didn't tie my hair up before I went to bed...

Well I was going to have a shower today anyway since I decided against having one last night. Plus that and the fact that Harvey decided to use all the hot water so I didn't have much of a choice.

Pressing play on my usual playlist, I hopped in the shower and had a proper pampering session. I even shaved my legs fully, that's how committed I was to looking nice for the dance tonight.

After scrubbing every inch of my body so it was all smooth and going mad with the shaving, I was officially hairless and squeaky clean.

I left my hair till last since it always took the longest because of how thick and long it is, I finally rinsed off the conditioner that I had left in it from the beginning of my shower.

As I stepped out of the bath, I had to narrowly avoid death as Loki decided to just lie on the mat where I usually stepped out on to so instead of stepping on him, my leg stretched further than I thought my leg could even reach and I nearly ended up doing the splits over my bathtub.

"Really boy?" I sighed, slowly picking my other leg out the bath and glaring at the white and ginger cat who happily rolled over onto his side and began purring.

I swear this morning is testing my will to live.

As I made my way back into my bedroom, I scanned around the room and couldn't help but internally groan at the mess that cluttered it. I seriously need to clean this room before my parents came in and told me off for it.

Slipping into a tank top and some leggings, I quickly chucked my textbooks into a pile and slid them under my bed. All my dirty clothes ended up being chucked into a pile by my bedroom door so I could quickly put a load in the washing machine.

Just as I went to open my door, it magically opened for me and my tipsy mother stumbled into the room.

"Hey darling." She smiled, her eyelids hazy from the alcohol and I had to hold back a laugh.

"Hey Mum." I replied, going to pick up my clothes but having my hands trapped in my mothers as she pulled me in for a hug.

"What are you up too?" She slurred into my ear. I couldn't even move, my body was completely trapped.

"I'm uh, just cleaning my room and then I'm gonna sort out my application with the Bluebells and then chill out before the dance."

"Ohh, you have to let me help with your make up," She began pocking and grabbing at my face and pulling stupid faces "My beautiful daughter needs to look amazing for her last school dance." She pouted, squeezing my cheeks and I had to pull a face of disgust. Well, attempt to pull a face of disgust.

"Yea sure." I pulled my face out of her hands and picked up my clothers finally "Let's go and get you a sandwich and some coffee."

"I'll have a latte please honey." She swayed as she walked out my room with me and I rolled my eyes. We don't even own a coffee mahcine so she's getting a white coffee.