Chapter 44

If looks could kill, I would be six feet under.

As soon as my parents decided to come home early and crash the party, everyone disappeared. Harvey had sobered up the second he saw them, pretty much chucking out every single person he saw, hoovering up as much rubbish as he could so they couldn't rip into him as much.

Despite it only being nearly 2 years since I last saw my parents, they had changed so much and I barely even recognised them.

My Mum, who was only in her early 40's looked like she could be my older sister. Her long black hair reached her mid-back and was pin straight just like mine was. Her usually pale skin was tanned from the sun but it still made her flawless features stand out.

Like Harvey and I having green eyes, my Mum had the same hue in her iris'. She looked too young. I guess that's what happens when you don't have the stress of two teenagers on your shoulders.

As my Mum looked like me, Harvey was a dead ringer for our Dad.

He was tall and lean, a mop of dark brown, messily styled hair sitting on top of his head. Like my Mum, he had a tan on his skin so he looked foreign instead of English.

He was the only one that didn't have green eyes, his the complete opposite with a striking blue that was sharp and clear like the ocean.

Again, like his wife, he looked younger than his age by years. Anyone would think that they were a couple in their late-twenties, early-thirties or something.

I felt like a 10 year old who was caught trying to steal cookies from the cookie jar. I was sitting cross-legged on my bed, my fingers wrapping around each other from being nervous at what they would say. What made things worse was that Leo was still here, sat next to me on the bed with his head hanging low to avoid eye contact. I didn't blame him, it was awkward as hell.

There was no way that I could have predicted they would come home early. They always came home late for christsake! And of course the one time they decide to pop up early is in the middle of a Harvey special party whilst I was getting my horn on with Leo in my bed.

I could hear Harvey chucking the last few random people out door, followed by it slamming behind them. After a couple of moments, he slowly appeared by my door.

Our parents looked between the both of us, their expressions stone cold.

"Front room. It's time for a little catch up." My mum sweet voice was laced with anger as she made her way towards the lounge. My Dad stayed in place as he waited for Leo and I to stand up and leave. Harvey had already hurried after our Mum.

For a 30 second cleaning job, Harvey hadn't done bad. Don't get me wrong, there was still crap everywhere, but it looked a lot better than it did before. Dad followed behind Leo and I knew he was feeling extremely tense from this situation.

I wanted him to not be here but it was no use. They caught us red handed and I knew they were not happy about it.

So, here we all were, sitting in the front room. Leo and I on the double sofa across from my parents who occupied the three-seater. Harvey drew the short straw and was plonked on a bean bag in the corner.

At first, all there was was silence. A deafening silence that made me skin crawl.

I still had no idea what to say because I felt like if I tried to say anything it would just make things ten times worse.

"So," My Dad started, reaching for a bottle of beer that wasn't open from the table and opening the cap by using his teeth and spitting out the metal lid "What exactly have you two been up too?"