Chapter 16

History was a lesson I was top of the class for. No matter what subject that come up, I always aced the work and the tests we were given.

Because of this, the teacher left me to do my own thing whenever it came to doing the test. He knew I would finish it within half an hour and just have to sit there for the rest of it.

As he placed the piece of paper about the Ancient Egyptians, he gave me a wink before moving onto the next person. Ah, one of my favourites.

Should be done with this in around 20 minutes.

The rest of the class looked irritated, scratching their heads and the their faces falling into their hands.

When Mr. Adam gave the nod to the class to start the test, I flipped over the paper and began to answer the question straight away.

Around three questions in, I was half way through a sentence when suddenly the fire alarm sounded and about half the class jumped and a couple of screams were heard.

All eyes went to Mr. Adams who looked like he had no idea what was going on. This clearly wasn't a drill.

"Ok class, you know how it goes. Single file to the nearest fire exit. Leave your bags here." He announced and the class started to slowly file out, a couple quickly grabbing their bags before they go.

The only thing I made sure I took was my phone, since I had nothing else on me of significant value.

As we made it to the nearest fire exit that lead to the fields, a small bang sounded from the other end of the corridor.

A door swung open and a couple of people piled out, a blast of smoke followed out after them which caused a couple of people to scream.

What the hell? It was an actual fucking fire?

I don't think there's ever been a fire in this school since I've been here and I've been here since Year 7.

Those few students that came out the room ran down the hallway and towards our group that were still leaving through the exit.

And, of course, Harvey was one of them.

He joined me at my side, coughing a little bit "What the fuck did you do!?"

I glared at him as we soon made it to the field. Practically the whole school was already out there.

Groups of friends were huddling together as we waited for the final few students to come out and form into their classes.

"Wasn't me. Blame your psycho friend Leo over there." He muttered, shooting a look over to the far side of the field.

Leo stood by himself, hands in his pockets and not a care on his face.

Honestly? Why am I not fucking surprised.

I had barely spoken to Leo since ballet last week. We stayed in the park for about an hour before my brother phoned up worried about where I was.

Eventually, the final few teachers turned up and all the students formed into their class lines.

The registers were read out for each class and everyone in mine were their. It wasn't until a certain name kept being yelled that I zoomed in on Harvey's line.

"Hunter Lee?" The teacher shouted and everyone's heads looked around the field "Hunter Lee are you here!?"

My eyes locked with Harvey's and he just looked down.

What the fuck did those boys do.

Suddenly, there was a flash of movement from the other end of the field and a blur of motion headed back towards the building.