Chapter 48

As soon as I stepped out of Leo's car, my bag was practically thrown into my face from Harvey which I only just managed to catch before it pelted my head.

"What the hell Harv?" I shouted, frowning at him as he looked on edge.

"Next time you want me to cover for you, give me some god damn earning beforehand please! As soon as I woke up I had Dad knocking on my door wondering where you were. I lied and quickly said that you had a study group." He grumbled and I did feel a little bit bad.

"Sorry. Some stuff happened and I didn't want to risk sneaking back home." I apologised and Leo joined me at my side. I noticed Harvey eyeing up Leo cautiously.

"As long as everything is ok." Harvey replied, and I could hear the 'protective brother' coming out in his voice which made me roll my eyes.

"Everything's fine you idiot." I grabbed Leo's arm and pulled him to the school with me.

"What was that about?" He questioned as I found my way to my locker so I could shove my textbooks into it.

"He's just annoyed at me for putting him on the spot this morning and now he thinks something happened between us." Zipping up my bag, I slung it back over my shoulder and went to carry on walking but Leo stopped me with a hand around my waist.

"Do you want me to talk to him? Did you mention Brendon to him?" He was being soft and sincere with me and I appreciated it since I felt so tense about everything today. Especially with my exams being today, this was the last thing I needed.

"No no, it's ok, I'll talk to him when I get home tonight." I didn't want Leo to feel like he had to be involved when it was my problems and he didn't have anything to do with them.

The bell rang through the hallways and Leo and I gave each other one last look before briefly kissing and parting ways.

"I'll see you at lunch." Leo called down the corridor as he headed to his Religious Education exam and I made my way to my art one.

"See you then." I replied, waving as I turned the corner towards the art department.

One thing I was glad about was that our art exam was in the classroom and not a massive exam hall. A lot less stressful.

That and this was the shortest exam I had since all the practical stuff was done, all I needed to do was the theory.

I think the only thing that could hinder me would be getting dates and years in the right answer boxes.

As I made my way into the classroom, all the usual students were in my seats which left me in my corner by the paints and brushes.

After dumping my bags at the entrance of the room, I made my way to my stool and grabbed my art piece on the way there.

We still had 10 minutes until the exam started so I wanted to do some final touches on my piece before they were put on exhibit.

It had already been marked so it wasn't to try and boost my grade.

As I put my pen to the paper to do some final outlining, all I saw was a blue liquid splash all over my table and all over my painting.

I jumped out of my seat so quickly that I nearly fell straight off of it.

The ink from my outlines began to bleed all over the already stained paper and the paint began to go murky from the colour.

Looking up, I wasn't even surprised to see Ivy standing at my table with two of her friends. Her face held one of shock but there was a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Oh my goodness! I am so so sorry!" She began gushing apologies at me, her friends smirking from behind her as she went to grab some paper towels from the dispenser beside us.

The towels were just being thrown all over the table, no attempt to properly clean it up was made and I just stood there in silence.

Well it looks like my A grade painting won't be hanging up in the end of year exhibit after all.

After my table was practically mummified with paper and the blue drink was now dripping onto the floor did Ivy finally leave my little corner and headed over to her seat at the front of the class.

Definitely not a accident in my eyes.

When the door to the class finally closed, our art teacher stood at the threshold, stacks of papers in his hands ready to hand out.

"Eliana!" His eyes finally landed on my mess of a table "Clean that up at once!"

I could hear snickering from the front of the room which I knew was from Ivy and her friends.

I spent the next 10 minutes wiping the table and floor and then proceeded to simply chuck my painting in the bin.

Mr Ingram didn't even bat an eyelid when I did this. He's one of those teachers who hated kids and didn't give a shit about them.

Always fun when you have a teacher like that.

For the rest of the exam, I could sense Ivy glancing back at me every so often and she never got caught out for looking around the room.

I can tell the rest of the day was just going to get even worse...

***

Hello! So sorry for the delay in updating, I've been working and moving house so not had much chance to use my laptop so pretty much the rest of the uploads will be from my phone (so pls ignore any stupid spelling or grammar mistakes)

Much love ❤️