Chapter 23

"Are you sure you want to try and do this?"

Leo had probably asked me that same question around 20 times now. We were at the ballet studio and I told him I wanted to try and practice, despite my dodgy leg.

"As long as we do that small bits, I'll be fine." I replied again, slowly stretching my leg out as it had gotten stiff from me limping all day.

The rest of school consisted of people staring, me limping and Ivy watching my every move at lunch and in our classes.

I was just thankful that Miss Lacey wasn't coming into the studio today. If she would've seen my leg she would have sent me home and probably gotten someone else to take my place for the competition. I was not gonna let that happen.

Leo still didn't look convinced but I ignored him, gradually making my way to the speaker system and pressing play on the song.

I just needed this hour to be over with. I'd already spent an hour stuck with Leo in detention annoying the shit out of me so I wanted this to go quickly.

Most of the movements with our top halves were the more touchy-feely parts so it only made it more awkward when Leo was wrapping his arms around my body.

The continuous touching and caressing was honestly driving me insane. I always put these bits to the back of my mind whenever we practiced but since we couldn't exactly do anything else, it was registering in my brain a lot more.

Especially after the kiss.

Leo's kiss was still a scene that played in the back of my mind when I wanted to ignore him.

We made it halfway through the parts we were doing when Leo and I locked eyes. His arms were holding my waist and he was holding me out at a distance so his grip was the only thing that was stopping me from falling.

Those deep brown eyes that were full of emotion and seeking trouble in all the wrong places.

After a few more moments, my hands went onto his and I steadied myself so I was standing on my own.

The music on the track stopped and silence filled the room. I eventually broke eye contact, my grip leaving his and taking a steady step back.

"I think we've got these bits nailed." I spoke quietly and turned around, going to unplug my phone from the speaker system.

Before I even took a step, Leo had grabbed onto my hand, spinning me back around and pulling me into his body.

I practically fell into him but Leo's arms on me steadied me and held me in place.

Our eyes locked again. His chest was rising fast from heavy breathing and I noticed that mine was doing the same.

What was he doing? I didn't need this to get more intense than it already was.

One hand was on my waist and the other had made its way to the side of my face, his thumb gently rubbing against my cheek.

I went to question Leo's actions but before I even had the chance for the second time Leo had pushed his lips onto mine and I couldn't help but melt inside.

I guess that answers my questions to whether I was still attracted to Leo or not.

Unlike the last time that we kissed, I gave in and kissed him back.

I could tell he wasn't expecting me to respond that way but he continued, pulling me closer to him if that were even possible and deepening our connection.

Every single nerve in my body was on fire. My hands reached up to Leo's neck and one ran into his hair, gripping onto the dirty blonde locks.

I know I was going against literally everyone by doing this.

Harvey, Ivy, Leo's Mum.

All of them were the reason I was so resilient to Leo but right now? At this exact moment? I didn't care.

It's time I stopped lying to myself about it. It was clear in my mind that Leo obviously felt something for me and I now understood that I felt something for him.

I knew this was gonna come around and bite me in the ass.

And it seemed fate wanted that ass biting to happen right now as the door to the studio burst open.

I nearly fell over from shock as I broke the kiss, my head whipping around to the door to find none other than my brother standing at the threshold.

His mouth was open and narrowed eyebrows made his glare towards Leo even more threatening.

"What the fuck is going on here?"