Chapter 5

The last few players of the basketball team headed into the changing rooms so I made my way to the far side of the gym, setting down my bag and plopping myself on the bench as I waited for Leo.

Actually, I should probably stretch a bit since we were going to be doing lifts.

Grabbing a couple of the gym mats, I laid them out one by one and began doing some small stretches.

It was hard to do this as I was wearing my jeans on my legs. My tank top was fine as it was loose but my jeans were irritating the hell out of me. Also didn't help that they were super skinny ones.

Maybe there was something in lost property?

Screw it, lost property it is. When I made my way to the small cupboard that held all the lost uniform, all I could smell was the horrible stench of the changing rooms as they were next door.

After rifling around in the smelly clothes, I finally found some black booty shorts that looked to be a size too small for me.

What the hell, some shorts that are a tiny bit too small is better than jeans. I quickly changed into the shorts and made my way back to the gym.

Leo still hadn't turned up so I carried on my stretching, playing music in the background so I wasn't just standing in complete silence.

I instantly found it so much easier to move around so I started doing my harder stretches.

After around five minutes later, I was finishing up by reaching down and touching the ground without bending my legs when a voice startled me.

"I see you changed out of your jeans."

I nearly fell over when I jumped from Leo's sudden entrance but recovered smoothly, turning to face him with a hand on my hip.

"Yep. I had plenty of time to look since you took forever to turn up."

Leo copied my actions from earlier, dropping his school bag next to mine on the floor and shrugging off his black denim jacket, tossing that over his bag and stretching his arms out.

"Sorry, I was talking to my M-" Leo instantly fumbled over his words, covering it with a quick cough "I mean, Ms Hardman. She was asking me why I was still here."

I guess Leo doesn't want anyone to know his Mum was the knew English teacher. I don't blame him.

"It's cool, gave me enough time to stretch." I said, pulling my hair into a simple ponytail with the hairband I had around my wrist.

"Right well, if you can get the video up while I warm up then we can go through it bit by bit." Leo suggested and I agreed, pausing my music that was still playing and opening up the email from Miss Lacey which contained the video of the routine.

I turned back round to Leo to give him a suggestion on what part of the dance to start on but only halted abruptly to what I was faced with.

Leo had removed his top had let his hair down from its bun. He was still wearing his shorts which only made me wonder if he wasn't finished getting changed.

"Uh, what are you doing?" I questioned after a moment of staring at his toned body.

"I find it awkward dancing in too many clothes, the only time I do is at the studio as I'm sure Miss Lacey wouldn't appreciate it." He answered and I rolled my eyes as he winked at the end of his sentence.

"Well, you better keep those on." I pointed down to his shorts and he laughed with a small smirk.

"Only because you say so."