15

..

"..But if you really rely on showy cooking like that, you'll never make it to the top. What you need is an approach that's built on cutting-edge cooking theory. For example, cooking like me. Right?" The cherry-eyed girl who stood before Soma and me said.

I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrow condescendingly. Who even is she? And why is she talking about Soma like that?

A few moments after the timer went off, I almost fell asleep, on the floor. But instead.. I decided to walk over to Soma so we could talk.

But Erina was already there talking to him. Then the cherry-eyed girl comes over saying how she thought we for sure wouldn't clear more than eight plates.

"I haven't introduced myself, have I? I'm Alice Nakiri. That's a name with far more prestige than any of you. Remember it well."

My face dropped and I looked at her appalled. Another Nakiri? Nakiri-san's cousin?

"Alice.. Nakiri?" I heard Soma mumble.

"Nakiri!?""

"Yes. Erina and I are cousins. I lived in the same mansion as her till the age of five." She explained while raising her hand to Erina.

"Mistress, this is where you've been?" The unfamiliar voice led me to the guy who looked like he hadn't slept in weeks.

"Ah, perfect timing! Tell them about my background!" She stated.

"Ah, well.. Miss Alice is Erina-sama's cousin-"

"I already said that! Never mind! I'll tell them myself." The other Nakiri exclaimed cutting off the sleep-less looking dude.

"My father chose my mother's hometown in Denmark as the location for his company, Nakiri International. There starting with research on cutting-edge cooking techniques based on molecular gastronomy, they study the mechanisms of taste and smell, and even cerebral physiology. It's a general research center for fine cuisine!"

I actually, almost yawned. I'm so tired. All I needed to know was your name.

Didn't even need to know that to be honest but I'm going to keep listening anyway because I don't want to hear what she has to say when I leave.

"I stayed there till I was 14, then came to Tohtsuki Academy to beat Erina and take the top spot!" I looked over at Soma and turned back to Alice with a smile.

I uncrossed my arms and placed a hand on Soma's shoulder. He looked at me and I smirked.

"There's no way my cooking will lose to some chef, who constantly relies on 'cutting-edge techniques.'" Erina vocalized.

"You've always been that way!" Alice exclaimed, pointing her finger at Erina. "When I was three, you'd steal my toys. When I was four, I made a cake and.. it's disgusting.. that's what you said!"